Delaware State University
Vacancy Announcement -- Application Verification Specialist
Office of Admissions
Apply online at www.desu.edu
Applications will be accepted until position is filled
General Description of the Position
Duties are performed independently under general supervision. This position is responsible for the data entry and processing of transcripts and applications related to the graduate and undergraduate admissions.
The following are the functions essential to performing this job:
- Primarily responsible for coordinating a variety of interrelated workflow processes to ensure the timely receipt, data entry and processing of transcripts and applications and all documents related to the undergraduate and graduate admissions using the Banner system and document imaging.
- Updating records.
- “Pushing” web applications and inquiries into Banner including verifying the accuracy of the data and making corrections where necessary.
- Coordinates, implements, and maintains clerical, administrative and customer support functions for admissions.
- Provides front counter support to the Office of Admissions and workflow processing functions including the application intake process.
- Troubleshoots transcript and application processing problems.
- Train new employees and student workers on Banner and application verification and data entry process.
- Upload and match College Board and ACT test scores and applications in Banner.
- Post charges and adjustments to accounts receivables for application and new student orientation.
- Assist IT with any research and/or testing of Banner when needed for new processes and updates.
- Coordinates, implements and maintains clerical, administrative and customer support functions for admissions.
- Provides front counter support of the Office of Admissions and workflow processing functions, including the application intake process.
- Participate and assist with Fall and Spring Open House.
- Performs other related duties.
Individuals in this job may be assigned one or more of the following tasks on a rotating or as-needed basis.
- Ability to verify and interpret academic transcripts from high schools and institutions of higher education.
- Ability to handle effectively a broad range of interpersonal contacts, including those at a higher level and those sensitive in nature.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The individual in this job must possess these skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that they can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation using some other combination of skills and abilities:
- Demonstrate proficiency in written and oral communication.
- Demonstrate proficiency in application of organizational skills.
- Demonstrate proficiency in analytical skills and accuracy in all phases of work.
- The ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships within a diverse multicultural environment and interact positively with the public.
- Ability to work a flexible work week as required.
- Report to work on time and on a regular basis.
- Maintain confidentiality of student and other records as specified by FERPA and Delaware State University.
- Education: Graduation from high school or GED.
- Successful experience: At least six months of successful work experience in college admissions, secondary school guidance, teaching or advising in a college/university setting
- Possess effective speaking and presentation skills, sound judgment and a tolerance for occasionally working long hours.
- Must have enthusiasm for working with high school and college students and representing Delaware State University.
- Possess the ability to handle individual projects and meet quotas by deadline, as well as work well as part of a team.
- Must be able to sit and type for extended periods of time, as well as stand for filing and/or document imaging.
The criteria for evaluation in this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the DSU Fundamentals
- Working independently, under general supervision
Note: The University reserves the right to change or reassign job duties as provided in policy and negotiated agreements.
Delaware State University is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate because of race, creed, national or ethnic origin, sex, or disability.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Delaware State University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com