The Hall Advisor Substitutes assists the Graduate Hall Director in the operation of the assigned hall, maintains the front desk area as well as the lobby area. The Hall Advisor assists to monitor the hall to secure full safety of its residents. Hall Advisors assist to promote an environment conducive to the educational growth of its residents.
A. Desk Area Responsibilities
1. Serve as a source of information for visitors to the hall.
2. Ensure that visitors have a hall escort before they leave the desk area and enter residential portions of the hall.
3. Locate residents by telephone (or other hall communications system) when requested to do so by visitors or staff.
4. Communicate any problems or concerns to the Graduate Hall Director, especially concerning University or hall policy violations.
5. Read shift log and communicate with relieving staff member.
6. Maintain a shift log of all activities during time worked.
7. Takes the initiative to maintain awareness of all situations in the Residence Hall
8. Reserve use of the desk telephone for emergencies and University or Hall business.
9. Keep noise in the desk and lobby area at a manageable level.
10. Conduct all desk area business courteously and in a professional manner.
11. Perform other duties as assigned by the Graduate Hall Director.
1. Responsible for attending scheduled training sessions with the Associate Director of Residential Operations and the Director of Residential Education.
C. Time Commitment
1. Responsible for working a complete shift on any duty night.
11:30pm – 8:00am
2. Must be relieved by the duty RA whenever away from the desk area.
3. Must receive approval from the Associate Director of Residential Education and the Director of Residential Education prior to taking leave.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Xavier University of Louisiana and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com