The Compliance Officer is responsible for ensuring the University's compliance with federal and state regulatory standards. This position will serve as the University's Ethics Officer and Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) Officer. The position will also be responsible for ensuring that the university is upholding best practices with respect to higher education compliance. In that regard, the Compliance Officer is responsible for chairing the University Compliance Committee; analyzing and assessing risks; and designing and stewarding effective compliance strategies, structures, and processes. The Compliance Officer will serve as the University's risk manager.
• Design and manage the University’s Compliance Program with the goal of mitigating legal and regulatory risk in a manner that promotes the University’s mission.
• Chair the University Compliance Committee.
• Conduct or direct the internal investigation of compliance issues.
• Serve as the University Ethics Officer pursuant to the State Officials and Employees Ethics Act.
• Serve as the University Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) Officer.
• Work with University departments to coordinate internal compliance reviews and monitoring.
• Work with University departments to proactively identify potential areas of risk and develop and implement corrective action plans for resolution of issues and prevention of future risk.
• Work with the marketing department to institute and maintain an effective compliance communications strategy for the University.
• Work with University Departments to develop and monitor employee compliance training programs.
• Collaborate with other departments (Internal Audit and Human Resources, etc.) to direct compliance issues to appropriate existing channels for investigation and resolution.
• Consult with University General Counsel regularly, and as needed, to resolve legal compliance issues.
• Other duties as assigned
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Salary is commensurate with education and experience.
When inquiring or applying for positions at Governors State University, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Governors State University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com