Position Title: Marketing Communication Specialist (FT Temporary) Location: Grand Rapids Advertised Salary: $40,000 - $42,000 FLSA: Non-Exempt Temporary/Continuing: Temporary Part-Time/Full-Time: Full-Time At Will/Just Cause: At Will Summary of Position: This person works closely with the EIO Marketing Team to promote Ferris Statewide and Online programs. This staff member would support all regional locations and online programs with social media, recruitment and advertising campaigns. Discovering, writing and producing content for social media as well as writing and editing content for other forms of media are integral to the position. In addition to content development, this person will attend recruitment events, communicate with prospective students, coordinate distribution of branded literature and promotional items, and be expected to provide excellent student service. This position is a full-time, one year temporary position with the option to renew. Position Type: Staff Required Education: Bachelor's degree in marketing, advertising, communications, public relations or related field. Required Work Experience: One-year experience in marketing, advertising or related field.
Professional social media experience such as Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter or YouTube. Required Licenses and Certifications:
Additional Education/Experiences to be Considered: - Experience with student recruitment.
- Previous Banner, Salesforce or another CRM.
- Experience in content management systems including WordPress, Omni, or related platforms.
- Experience with Adobe Suite. Duties/Responsibilities: - Develop schedule, research and write compelling content, and create graphics for social media.
- Monitor comments on all social channels and respond where appropriate.
- Assist in updating web pages.
- Provide first level response for prospective students via phone or other electronic communication.
- Represent Ferris at events and recruitment tables.
- Write, edit and proof copy for a variety of different platforms including web, print materials and more.
- Assist with the production of marketing materials and literature.
- Assist with the collation of information for promotional materials.
- Assemble direct mail packages for weekly lists.
- Responsibly handle matters of a sensitive and confidential nature including student data protected by FERPA.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Reports to the Marketing Manager.
- Supports the marketing team and their efforts with the goal of enrollment growth.
- Maintain confidentiality of designated information.
- Carry out responsibilities in accordance with University policies and applicable laws. Skills and Abilities: - Possess strong oral and written communication skills.
- Possess strong interpersonal and organizational skills with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Successfully interact with a variety of staff and students in a variety of situations.
- Excellent working knowledge of computer databases, Microsoft Office and applications.
- Operate office equipment such as copier, printer, computers.
- Utilize the rules of proper grammar, correct spelling and punctuation, and proper arrangement of information when preparing correspondence and documents.
- Work well independently as well as part of a creative team. Required Documents:
Optional Documents: Special Instructions to Applicants: Transcript 1 (REQUIRED): Applicants must attach a copy of unofficial transcript of college work.
Transcript must include: Institution name, applicant name, date degree attained, degree awarded. Finalist will be required to submit an official transcript. Initial Application Review Date:
1/21/21 Posting Close Date:
1/20/21 EEO Statement: Ferris State University, an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer, is committed to enhancing equity, inclusion, and diversity within its community. Ferris offers employment opportunities to qualified candidates seeking careers in a student-focused environment that values opportunity, collaboration, diversity and educational excellence. Learn more about the Ferris Mission and community at ferris.edu. The University actively seeks applications from women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and other underrepresented groups. For more information on the University’s Policy on Non-Discrimination, visit: Ferris Non-Discrimination Statement.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Ferris State University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com