Adjunct Instructor 3 – Pharmacy
Big Rapids (Main Campus)
Salary commensurate with education, experiences and other requirements.
At Will/Just Cause:
Summary of Position:
Individuals with experience in community pharmacy practice settings are encouraged to apply. The position requires community pharmacy expertise and passion for elevating the level of community pharmacy practice. Responsibilities consist of delivering didactic education within the experiential curriculum of an integrated Doctor of Pharmacy program primarily in the second and third professional years that includes, but is not limited to lectures, active learning, facilitated discussions and other instructional methods. The position will also be responsible for coordination of the direct patient care introductory pharmacy practice experience (IPPE) courses and the community pharmacy components of the experiential curriculum. Clinical practice opportunities may exist based on the interest of the individual and need of the department. Additionally, the individual will contribute to the Department, College, University and profession through various assignments including mentoring students.
Faculty - Temporary & Continuing
PharmD with post-graduate residency
Required Work Experience:
Required Licenses and Certifications:
Current licensure to practice pharmacy in the State of Michigan (reciprocation acceptable but necessary at date of hire).
Additional Education/Experiences to be Considered:
Post-graduate residency in community pharmacy
3 years of pharmacist experience in community pharmacy practice. Experience in higher education or training of health care professionals.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to carry out each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Teach the didactic portion of the direct patient care IPPEs using effective teaching methods that focus on active student engagement. Coordinate the assessment/evaluation of the assigned coursework to ensure student attainment of course outcomes.
2. Carry out all coordinator responsibilities for the direct patient care IPPEs and the community pharmacy practice components of the experiential curriculum. This includes coordinating the experience, development of sites, development of preceptors, and providing support to students and preceptors.
3. Develop and maintain relationships with sites/preceptors/district supervisors/college liaisons within the sites of the above courses. This will include virtual and face to face site visits, written communications, and telephonic communications.
4. Develop supportive educational and professional development resources for faculty and preceptors to successfully deploy community-based pharmacy care programs or models.
5. Serve as the ACT champion for the College to facilitate partnerships with CPESN networks and Michigan pharmacies.
6. Collaborate with the Office of Experiential Education and faculty on curriculum development, assessment, and quality assurance of assigned didactic and experiential courses.
7. Advise and orient students.
8. Pursue professional development activities.
9. Maintain posted office hours that are convenient for students.
1. Reports directly to the Chair of Pharmacy Practice.
2. Serves as a member of the Office of Experiential Education team.
3. Maintains the confidentiality of designated information.
4. Performs all duties in compliance with applicable University policies and procedures and state and federal requirements.
Skills and Abilities:
Skills and Abilities:
1. Honesty, integrity, and commitment to maintaining high professional standards is essential.
2. Team-oriented worker who collaborates well with others.
3. Positive mindset and attitude.
4. Excellent communication skills in writing, editing and verbal communication.
5. Strong organizational and time management skills – ability to prioritize tasks and complete multiple projects.
6. Excellent analytic and problem-solving skills.
7. Highly effective interpersonal and group facilitation skills.
8. Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with diverse students, patients, faculty, and other administrative staff within and across institutions.
9. Maintain familiarity with ACPE accreditation standards and assessment strategies.
10. Ability and willingness to occasionally travel regionally or nationally to represent/present on behalf of the College/University.
11. Ability and willingness to work evening and weekend events as scheduled.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Curriculum Vitae
- Teaching Philosophy
Transcript 1 (REQUIRED): Applicants must attach a copy of unofficial transcript of PharmD degree.
Transcripts must include: Institution name, applicant name, date degree attained, degree awarded. Finalist will be required to submit an official transcript.
Initial Application Review Date:
Posting Close Date:
Ferris State University, an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer, is committed to enhancing equity, inclusion, and diversity within its community. Ferris offers employment opportunities to qualified candidates seeking careers in a student-focused environment that values opportunity, collaboration, diversity and educational excellence. Learn more about the Ferris Mission and community at ferris.edu
. The University actively seeks applications from women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and other underrepresented groups. For more information on the University’s Policy on Non-Discrimination, visit: Ferris Non-Discrimination Statement
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Ferris State University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com