Come join an innovative team! Located on the vibrant, diverse West Side of Buffalo NY, D’Youville is an innovative, private, coeducational institution serving 3,000 undergraduate and graduate students. D’Youville is immersed in ambitious and exciting change initiatives to reframe traditional practices and structures to further grow enrollment, improve the health of the community, and profoundly impact student success.
The Student Navigator will report directly to the Title III Project Director, with some functions also reporting to the Director of Student Persistence.
The Student Navigator will have an essential role in providing individualized coaching to students along their path to success and graduation.
- Serve as a one-stop shop to ensure students’ needs, questions, and concerns are addressed and answered
- Assist students in preparing for the academic rigors of college through multiple points of contact
- Work with the Title III Guided Retention Intervention Task Force to identify risk issues and on/off campus obstacles impeding progress and emotional well-being
- Use predictive analytics to monitor and follow-up on early alert notices in collaboration with faculty, advisors, and other mentors
- Guide students in developing and adhering to personalized student success plans while guiding them to connect to college experiences related to future career goals
- Inform and refer students to other institutional resources when academic, attendance, or other personal problems require intervention by other D’Youville professionals (e.g. The Park, Personal Counseling, Tutoring Services, etc.)
- Maintain close coordination and collaboration with individual departments/schools
- Maintain up-to-date records and provide reports to Title III Project Director
- Participate fully within the university community, provide consultation, training, and outreach to students, faculty, and staff when necessary
- Stay abreast of changing institutional information including new programs, course changes, important dates, costs, and updates in university-wide initiatives and polices
- Other duties as requested
Knowledge and Abilities
- Possess strong organizational and communication skills
- Represent and promote the college in a competitive environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Skilled at connecting and building rapport with students
- Successfully resolve student issues from request through resolution
- Bachelor’s degree required
- At least two years’ experience with academic advisement and/or student support service
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate, interact with, and develop relationships with students of diverse populations, including varying social, cultural, economic, and educational backgrounds
- Experience collaborating with faculty and other academic staff
- Minimum two years’ experience involving extensive student contact in a student services role at a two or four-year institution.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at D'Youville College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com