• Provides curricular and research-focused information and support services as liaison librarian for the departments and programs in the College of Engineering including Aerospace; Biomedical; Electrical Engineering & Computer Science; Engineering Technology; Industrial, Systems & Manufacturing; and Mechanical.
• Responsible for the design, promotion, coordination, delivery, and assessment of the library instructional program for the College of Engineering including a variety of face-to-face and online instructional sessions, tools, and workshops as well as the creation of online videos and modules. Creates and maintains library research guides and other appropriate digital learning objects related to subject and course responsibilities.
• Promotes student success, recruitment, and retention through proactive collaboration with faculty and students in the College of Engineering and related areas.
• Works collaboratively to develop new interdisciplinary approaches and strategies to support faculty and student research.
• Responsible for selecting and reviewing collections and resources that support instruction and research in engineering, patents & trademarks, intellectual property, and copyright.
• Maintains awareness of changes and trends within assigned disciplines and engages with new models of research within engineering and intellectual property.
• Serves as the University Libraries’ representative to the USPTO’s Patent and Trademark Resource Center (PTRC) program and lead librarian for patent and trademark information services (University Libraries is the only PTRC in Kansas.) Responsible for the design, promotion, coordination, delivery, and assessment of PTRC instructional sessions, workshops, and consultations.
• Provides introductory intellectual property and patent and trademark research assistance to WSU faculty, staff, and students and the general community through individual consultations and training sessions. Promotes the services of the PTRC and related resources and research assistance through numerous outreach activities. Refers individuals to other units on campus providing technology transfer support as appropriate, e.g. WSU Ventures, GoCreate.
• Serves as coordinator of FDLP and Government Documents.
• Provides general research and reference assistance as a member of University Libraries Research and Instructional Services to onsite and distance students, teaching and research faculty, and members of the community. Occasional evenings and weekends are required.
• Participates in the general undergraduate library instruction program and contributes to the overall assessment of library instruction and services for first year students. Participates in the University Libraries’ workshop series.
• Participates in strategic planning and library-wide initiatives such as scholarly communication, open educational resource advocacy, and accessibility.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Wichita State University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com