Overhire staff are responsible for performing all tasks related to production support for APG FCU Arena events. Duties include, but are not limited to, loading-in and -out lighting, audio, rigging, staging and power systems necessary to support each event; running lighting consoles, analog and digital audio consoles, follow spots and other necessary equipment for each event.
The College is seeking overhire technicians in the following areas:
- Safely connect and disconnect power systems for lighting, audio, and rigging systems.
- Hang, focus, circuit, patch and repair conventional and moving head lighting fixtures.
- Program and run ETC and High End Systems lighting consoles.
- Hang and cable line arrays and stage monitors.
- Set up and cable all necessary input devices such as microphones, playback devices and processing, and output gear.
- Set up and run various analog and digital consoles as required by event including inboard and outboard signal processing.
- Verify flown equipment expected loads will not exceed facility roof load limits.
- Assemble truss systems to support expected loads as required by event.
- Inspect all rigging equipment before and after use for signs of damage or excessive wear; remove from service is necessary.
- Assemble portable staging per manufacturer's instructions and as required by event.
- Inspect all staging equipment before and after use for signs of damage or excessive wear; remove damaged equipment from service is necessary.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Harford Community College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com