Governors State University seeks a (900 hour Temporary) Building Service Worker for Prairie Place
Under direct supervision performs the following custodial services and maintenance of assigned buildings:
1. Mops, sweeps, and scrubs floors and other surfaces; 2. Cleans, renovates, and renews floor surface finishes; performs various methods of carpet cleaning 3. Cleans and dusts furniture, tables, exhibit cases, fixtures, windows, doors, trim and related furnishings; 4. Washes and/or cleans window and door glass, washes interior glass, including partitions, framed pictures and doors; 5. Sweeps or shovels snow from steps and walks at building entrances and connecting walkways; 6. Cleans and services lavatories and rest rooms; 7. Cleans and services smoking urns and ash trays; 8. Collects and places debris and recyclable materials removed from buildings in containers for removal; 9. Cleans and waxes furniture;
10. Reports items that need repair;
11. Provides services for maintenance of carpet floor coverings;
12. Operates automatic scrubbers and power sweepers, including rider type, used in connection with building cleaning and also provides operator-type maintenance;
13. Performs other related duties as assigned.
The hourly rate of pay is $14.36.
When inquiring or applying for positions at Governors State University, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Governors State University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com