The Richardson Design Center (RDC) is an interdisciplinary center in the College of Health and Human Sciences that is housed in the newly constructed Nancy Richardson Design Center building. The RDC seeks applications for Summer 2020, Fall 2020, and Spring 2021 open instructor positions to teach in the Interdisciplinary Design Thinking Program as temporary, part-time instructor positions in face-to-face and online courses. The RDC is home to the Undergraduate Design Thinking Certificate, the Interdisciplinary Minor in Design Thinking, and the Graduate Certificate in Design Thinking Strategies and Technologies.
Courses in the Design Thinking program(s) include:
• IDEA 101, Designing Your University Life
• IDEA 210, Introduction to Design Thinking
• IDEA 310/320 A-I Design Thinking Toolbox Series with topics including Paper Products, 3D Modeling, Digital Imagining, Foundations, and Advanced Wood Working, Foundations and Advanced Textiles, Infographics, Mixed Reality Design, Foundations, and Advanced Metal Fabrication, Graphic Noveling, Technical sketching and illustration, Creating Things That Think, Participatory Design Practices, and Post-Digital Imaging
• IDEA 400 level courses include our Design Thinking Collaborative and Group Study
• IDEA 500 level courses (taught face-to-face and online) include Processes and Methods of Human Centered Design Thinking, and
• IDEA 600 level courses (taught online only) include Mixed Reality (XR) for Design Thinking Trends, Storytelling, Inclusive Design, Data Visualization, Application Prototyping, and Serious Games.
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Colorado State University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com