This position must:
1) Triage all incoming emergency cases and assess the client situation for optimal patient care.
2) Stabilizes emergent, medically dynamic patients.
3) Initiate and assist with advanced procedures such as pericardiocentesis and positive pressure ventilation.
4) Monitors patients to assess response to treatment or need to initiate treatment.
5) Coordinates and provides care of ill or injured animals with doctors, students and other staff, including nursing care and technical procedures.
6) Provides medically-experienced phone triage/screening, and support.
7) Facilitates coordination and communication between appropriate hospital departments, clients, and referring veterinarians.
8) Provides clinical and didactic instruction to professional veterinary medical students, interns, residents, technicians, graduate veterinarians and others.
9) Directs activities of Urgent Care and Critical Care Unit, oversees maintenance, charging and provides continuity of care.
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Colorado State University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com