The Communications and Social Media Coordinator is responsible for internal and external communications, branding and marketing strategies for the Department of Economics. This is a full-time administrative professional position reporting to the Chair of the Department of Economics.
• Develop and implement a strategic communications and marketing plan to meet department goals. Consults with department Chair on special needs and overall communication direction of the department.
• Develop materials and content for department public relations and marketing efforts.
• Manage news, events, and recruitment content for department web page and social media platforms.
• Maintain the Department’s website in line with its communications plan.
• Establish and maintain a social media presence for the Department in line with its strategic communications and marketing plan.
• Provide event planning and leadership for Department of Economics outreach events.
• Through research, keeps current with emerging multi-model platforms and recommends potential use in department communications.
• Work collaboratively with the Director of Communications of the College of Liberal Arts to develop and implement a communications strategy for prospective and current students as well as alumni and donors.
• Work collaboratively with the College of Liberal Arts Development staff to develop and implement an alumni and donor relations strategy.
• Work with college communications staff and University Communications to develop newsworthy material that publicizes the department’s people, programs, and activities.
• Write articles about the research, people, and programs within the economics department.
• Other duties as assigned.
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Colorado State University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com