The department accepts applications on an ongoing basis from individuals who are interested in obtaining research positions within the department in laboratories in the areas of infectious disease research. The open positions may be temporary or special assignment and may be for limited time periods. This is an open pool, and applications will be forwarded to open positions as they become available.
Research Associate positions are available in the Department of Microbiology, Immunology and Pathology in the area of infectious disease research. Applicants must have a Bachelor’s degree in microbiology, biology, molecular biology, biochemistry or a closely related field.
These positions include interaction with the Principal Investigator as well as other research assistants. The individual will be part of a team of researchers completing a federally funded research project and will have a broad range of responsibilities which may include but are not limited to:
1.General lab organization and ordering of supplies.
2. Management of records associated with compliance with Human or Animal Institutional Review Board protocols and guidelines.
3. Data collection and subsequent analysis using custom computer programs.
4. Data entry and management of electronic data records.
5. Statistical analysis.
6. Training other personnel in data collection and analysis.
7. Supervision of the activities of undergraduate and graduate student research assistants.
8. Physiological experiments with animals.
9. Handling of laboratory animals and tissue/blood samples.
10. Participate in professional development opportunities as appropriate.
11. Write reports, check documentation, maintain inventory, maintain critical data, and insure compliance with grant criteria.
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Colorado State University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com