Reporting to the Director of Marketing and Brand Management, the Multimedia Specialist will create original content to support D’Youville’s strategic plan and all public relations and marketing activities within the Office of Marketing and Communications. Working to tell the story of the university and its faculty, staff, students, and programs to D’Youville’s target audiences, they will manage and produce content as well as coordinate its distribution across a variety of traditional and digital platforms. The Multimedia Specialist will utilize a wide range of media, from audio and video production to photography and social media, to achieve project objectives.
- Video production: 50% of time
- Pre-production — Storyboarding, scripting, schedule coordination, audio capturing, lighting, and filming
- Post-production — Editing, sound design, color correction, graphics, mastering, exporting, and distribution.
- Photography: 30% of time
- Photograph campus events, faculty headshots, press conferences.
- Coordinate and conduct campus-wide photoshoots for marketing materials.
- Upload and process photography to university photo repository/digital asset management system.
- Social Media: 20% of time
- Work with the Director of Marketing to create, schedule, and publish original short-form content across the university’s social media platforms.
- Professionally operate DSLR cameras, lenses, tripods, lighting and other equipment for video production and photography.
- Have knowledge of professional grade equipment for audio and visual capturing devices.
- Possess proficient knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (specifically Premiere, Lightroom, and Photoshop).
- Understand digital content distribution platforms and copyright rules (YouTube, Vimeo, music sharing and licensing).
- Write scripts and develop storyboards.
- Efficiently handle, organize, and store a large repository of files.
- Possess interpersonal communications skills, be outgoing and engaged with subject matter.
- Schedule and coordinate large-scale projects across multiple departments and organizations.
- Manage multiple, concurrent projects and prioritize tasks.
- Ability to voice creative ideas, take critique and feedback.
- Coordinate and manage outside vendors and freelancers.
- Able to troubleshoot software and technical equipment.
- Understand closed captioning and ADA compliance guidelines.
- Understand social media content distribution.
- Drone operation
- After Effects
- Understanding of higher education and content marketing
- Bachelor’s in visual, Multimedia Arts, Marketing, Journalism, Film, PR or related field.
- Two years related professional experience
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at D'Youville College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com