|Position Title:||Systems Librarian|
|Location:||Big Rapids (Main Campus)|
|Advertised Salary:||Salary commensurate with education, experiences and other requirements. Comprehensive benefit package (health care, vacation, etc.)|
|At Will/Just Cause:||Just Cause|
|Summary of Position:||The Ferris Library for Information, Technology, & Education (FLITE) at Ferris State University (Big Rapids, Michigan) seeks a collaborative, innovative, dynamic, and services-oriented Systems Librarian to ensure that library systems and services support and enhance student learning. Primary responsibilities include system administration of the main library management system, other enterprise applications, and seamless integration of all electronic library services for both FLITE and Kendall College of Art and Design Library. The Systems Librarian leads, oversees and coordinates various technology-related projects in FLITE as the library’s lead technology project manager. This position is an exceptional opportunity to work and grow in a dynamic, technology-intensive library serving a diverse student population.
This is a 12-month, tenure-track faculty position, reporting to the Assistant Dean for Collections & Access Services. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience, and includes a competitive benefits package. This position will remain open until filled.
|Position Type:||Faculty - Temporary & Continuing|
|Required Education:||ALA accredited master’s degree in library science or ALA accredited master’s degree in information science by the time of hire.|
|Required Work Experience:||• Experience managing an enterprise library system used for search, discovery, access and delivery services
• Understanding different user communities' needs and user search behavior in academic library settings and the arena of information seeking and use
• Knowledge of current and recent industry trends in search, discovery, and delivery systems
• Working knowledge of a programming/scripting language
• Experience working with library databases and HTML
|Required Licenses and Certifications:|
|Additional Education/Experiences to be Considered:||• Working knowledge of Python 3.x
• Experience with ExLibris Alma and Primo library services platform
|Duties/Responsibilities:||1. Serves as system administrator for library enterprise applications, including but not limited to: the integrated library system (Ex Libris Alma) and discovery layer (Ex Libris Primo); digital collections platforms (ArchivesSpace, DSpace, ResourceSpace); electronic resource authentication (EZProxy); and library web applications (SpringShare suite)
2. Provides leadership in planning, implementing, and supporting library technology, collaborating with appropriate units in the library and IT
3. As the library’s lead technology project manager, employs formal project management methodologies to create, revise, and implement solutions that improve services in concert with other library personnel
4. Coordinates support for library applications with University Information Technology Services (ITS)
5. Collaborates with library technical services personnel to provide seamless technology integration for platforms that interact with the library website and associated Web-based services
6. Provides collaborative and innovative leadership to build, implement, maintain, integrate, and assess public-facing and internal digital services and applications
7. Participates in troubleshooting online access and technical issues with vendors, library staff and users, and Information Technology Services personnel
8. Leads library initiatives involving technology and works collaboratively to coordinate development of a library technology plan
9. Maintains relationships with technology vendors, online service providers, and information technology units and leaders on campus
10. Creates and delivers training and development opportunities for library faculty and staff as needed
11. Creates and maintains written procedures and process workflows for library information systems
12. Participates in the library’s collection management and liaison programs, and in assessment and improvement efforts
13. Serves as a member of library and university-wide committees and participates in library and university projects and activities as needed or assigned as required for tenure and promotion
14. Stays abreast of current trends and best practices in areas of responsibility, maintains membership in position-relevant professional organizations, and participates in continuing professional development activities including attendance at conferences and workshops
|Skills and Abilities:|
|Special Instructions to Applicants:||A curriculum vita or resume will be accepted.
Transcript 1(Required): Applicants must attach a copy of unofficial transcripts of ALA-accredited master’s degree in library or information science. Additional transcripts for graduate studies may also be submitted for review.
Transcripts must include: Institution name, applicant name, date degree attained, degree awarded.
Finalist will be required to submit an official transcript.
|Initial Application Review Date:
|Posting Close Date:
|EEO Statement:||Ferris State University, an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer, is committed to enhancing equity, inclusion, and diversity within its community. Ferris offers employment opportunities to qualified candidates seeking careers in a student-focused environment that values opportunity, collaboration, diversity and educational excellence. Learn more about the Ferris Mission and community at ferris.edu. The University actively seeks applications from women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and other underrepresented groups. For more information on the University’s Policy on Non-Discrimination, visit: ferris.edu/non-discrimination.|
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Ferris State University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com