|Position Title:||Adjunct Instructor 1 – Student Teaching Supervisor – School of Education|
|Advertised Salary:||Salary to commensurate with qualifications pursuant to the FSU and FNTFO/AFT Agreement|
|At Will/Just Cause:||At Will|
|Summary of Position:||• Multiple position openings for multiple locations serving the areas of Saginaw/Bay/Midland, Flint, Grand Rapids, Dowagiac, Traverse City, Metro Detroit and Lansing of Ferris Statewide.
• Observe and evaluate student teachers in the field through 4 to 6 site visitations.
• Communicate and maintain positive relationships with Mentor Teachers.
• Interact with student teachers via Canvas online learning management system.
• Grade assignments such as the student teacher assessment analysis, weekly reflections, and portfolio.
• Complete evaluations for CAEP and HLC.
• Attend and present at School of Education training sessions, as needed.
• Attend and present at student teacher seminar nights.
|Position Type:||Faculty - Temporary & Continuing|
|Required Education:||Bachelor’s Degree in Education AND Master’s Degree in Education or related field.|
|Required Work Experience:||Minimum five years K-12 teaching experience.|
|Required Licenses and Certifications:||State of Michigan Teaching Certificate|
|Additional Education/Experiences to be Considered:||Experience teaching in post-secondary/college setting.
Experience utilizing online learning platform (Canvas, BlackBoard, Desire2Learn, etc.).
|Duties/Responsibilities:||• Observe and evaluate student teachers.
• Follow School of Education policies and procedures.
• Ability to travel during the school day for observation/evaluation of student teachers (throughout Michigan). Assignment of schools could be throughout a 60-mile radius. Mileage will be reimbursed per the University’s travel rate.
• Fulfill mandatory course assessment requirements utilizing Canvas and GoReact.
• Be accessible to students outside of the classroom.
|Skills and Abilities:||• Supportive manner with students. Ability to communicate desired outcomes and content clearly and effectively with students and mentor teachers. An understanding of how technology interfaces with classroom activities.
• Ability to learn and utilize software/technology for virtual student interaction when necessary (GoReact, Zoom).
|Optional Documents:||Curriculum Vitae|
|Special Instructions to Applicants:||Transcript 1 (REQUIRED): Applicants must attach a copy of unofficial transcript of undergraduate degree.
Transcript 2 (REQUIRED): Applicants must attach a copy of unofficial transcript of graduate degree.
Transcript must include: Institution name, applicant name, date degree attained, degree awarded. Finalist will be required to submit an official transcript.
|Initial Application Review Date:
|Posting Close Date:
|EEO Statement:||Ferris State University, an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer, is committed to enhancing equity, inclusion, and diversity within its community. Ferris offers employment opportunities to qualified candidates seeking careers in a student-focused environment that values opportunity, collaboration, diversity and educational excellence. Learn more about the Ferris Mission and community at ferris.edu. The University actively seeks applications from women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and other underrepresented groups. For more information on the University’s Policy on Non-Discrimination, visit: Ferris Non-Discrimination Statement.|
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Ferris State University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com