The Afroamerican University of Central Africa has commenced a comprehensive global search for the appointment of an Executive Assistant for the Rector. This constitutes an excellent opportunity for a young professional to become part of an educational institution that seeks to become a reference of the Equatorial Guinean and international higher education, very particularly thanks to the strong support granted by the national government and the strategic vision that drives the Organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
The selected candidate shall provide a full range of administrative and organizational support for the Rector. He/she may handle confidential and sensitive information and requires exercising a high degree of professionalism, discretion, tact, resourcefulness and initiative. This post reports directly to the Rector.
- To provide confidential, high level, efficient and effective language interpretation (Spanish-English and vice versa) to the Rector;
- Oversee all administrative functions needed to support the Rector;
- Act as first point of contact in Rector’s office, demonstrating a high level of autonomy and independent working and ability to manage conflicting demands to deal with all communication to the officer, including highly sensitive material.
- Assist in coordinating projects and events under Rector’s Office and produce reports for the Rector in English;
- Liaise with Faculty & Department members as far as meetings and communications are concerned, as well as collegiate University bodies;
- Do all necessary typing, proofreading and editing documents, maintaining calendars, coordinating and scheduling meetings and appointments on behalf of the Rector;
- Prepare briefing memo and relevant updates for Rector on outstanding projects;
- Keep the office of the Rector secure & information confidential at all times;
- Be an active player in the building of the leadership and prestige of AAUCA from the Rectory Office;
- Various ad hoc
Preferred and Required Qualifications
Qualifications & Skills
The ideal candidate should possess the following qualifications and skills:
- As a minimum, a Bachelor's degree in Modern Languages (English–Spanish) and/or Language Interpretation (English–Spanish) with full proficiency in both languages. Holding additional academic degrees will provide further opportunities, as well as the proficiency command in French and Portuguese will be considered an asset;
- Excellent verbal and written articulacy;
- Proven experience in similar positions will be considered as a merit;
- Experience of utilizing the full suite of Microsoft Office applications (including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel to an advance level), as well as proficiency user of MS-Teams, SharePoint, Zoom, and any project management software like Azendoo or other;
- Must be flexible and skilled at managing multiple tasks simultaneously, exhibiting excellent prioritization and organizational skills, and in taking his/her own initiatives (self-starter);
- Ability to anticipate Rector’s information needs and meet them satisfactorily.
How to Apply
Interested applicants are requested to email their curriculum vitae and personal statement to firstname.lastname@example.org by indicating the vacancy title “Executive Assistant – Rector’s Office” on the email’s subject;
- The curriculum vitae submitted shall affix a recent photo (45mm x 35mm with no less than 150 pixels of quality);
- Only complete applications (curriculum vitae + personal statement + photo) will be considered;
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted for an interview;
- Applications will close at 23:00 GMT on February 20th., 2020.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at The Afro-American University of Central Africa and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
February 20, 2021