Job no: 500889
Work type: Full-time
Location: District Office
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday (8:00-5:00)
Manager of Apprenticeships & Internships
Job Title Code
Salary Range (Full-Time)
$53,000 – $84,800 (dependent on experience and other considerations)
Dallas College is seeking an experienced, highly collaborative leader who is excited to take on a new and innovative
role. The Manager of Apprenticeships & Internships reports to the Director of Experiential Learning and:
1. Develops and implements work-based learning activities and recruitment within Dallas College with equity.
2. Is responsible for job placement with employers in addition to oversight of Apprenticeship and Internship
3. Leverage institutional resources and existing programs to achieve a win-win for employer, employee, and
the local economy.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Knowledge of the purpose of community colleges and the vision of Dallas College
• Experience managing change initiatives including knowledge and skill in process improvement, project planning, conflict resolution, team building, customer service, and data-based decision-making concepts
• Ability to identify and address opportunities and challenges that arise as a result of Dallas College’s current transition
• Experience working with workforce development programs
• Experience with local, state and federal workforce programs
• Knowledge of continuing education processes and procedures
• Ability to analyze multi-layered problems and propose solutions
• Knowledge of best practices/trends in secondary education and adult student success initiatives in higher education
• Demonstrated knowledge of principles of equity and inclusion and a demonstrated commitment to the promotion of diversity
• Knowledge of compliance with pertinent state and federal laws and regulations
• Knowledge of current research and policy recommendations as well as state and national initiatives designed to enhance student career connected learning
• Experience in strategic planning, assessment of program(s) effectiveness, and development of guidelines to improve the educational and career outcomes for students
• Experience deploying data-informed and results oriented programs and supports
• Employ data-informed decision making and use predictive analytics
Normal physical job functions performed within a standard office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with physical challenges to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Minimum Knowledge and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Three (3) years of related work experience.
• Work hours may extend beyond the regular, Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. workday, including weekends to provide student and employer support
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Assist with the development and implementation of the comprehensive industry engagement plan.
• Work directly with campus-based workplace learning coordinators to ensure consistent industry engagement activities throughout the District
• Work collaboratively with campuses and departments to ensure District policy is adhered to in the development of industry partnership engagement activities
• Coordinate and implement programs with industry partners and campus coordinators to develop project based learning activities, which incorporate workplace learning skills and core competencies
• Oversee the Dallas College partnership database system to track and monitor Dallas College industry partnership engagement activities
• Assist with career development of students in career pathways by assisting coordinators with developing extended learning opportunities focused on employability skills
• Assist with certification and dual credit opportunities for early college programs
• Support campus workplace learning coordinators by identifying internships, job shadowing, service learning, and other work-based learning programs offered that relate to worksite learning opportunities for enrolled Dallas College students
• Maintain database of Dallas College industry partners providing internships and first-in-line job interviews for students
• Manage data collection of program metrics, and campus reports via implementation of reporting systems for internal and external stakeholders
• Provide statistical reports on work-based learning activities and Dallas College industry partner engagement activities
• Build strong relationships, communicate effectively, and work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders
• Collaborate with high school staff, and college administrative personnel in support of work-based learning guidelines and expectations
• Conduct trainings throughout Dallas College and in the community at large
• Work in partnership with campuses to support and strategically increase industry partner engagement using proven ability to research, analyze, and monitor trends to increase work-based learning experiences for students
• Develop, arrange and/or conduct orientation and training opportunities for enrolled students
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Incumbents may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Position requires regular and predictable attendance.
Dallas College is part of an equal opportunity system that provides education and employment opportunities without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Dallas College complies with the Americans with Disabilities and Veterans Act.
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities within the Dallas County Community College District and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com