Job no: 500891
Work type: Full-time
Location: District Office
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday (8:00-5:00)
Director of Experiential Learning
Job Title Code
Salary Range (Full-Time)
$95,000 - $152,000 (dependent on experience and other considerations)
Dallas College is seeking an experienced, highly collaborative leader who is excited to take on a new and innovative
role. The Director of Experiential Learning reports to the Associate Vice Chancellor, Career Connected Learning
1. Provides oversite and develops a comprehensive process for assessing, verifying, and articulating
experiential programs and employer partnerships necessary for Dallas College students to participate in
experiential learning activities such paid/non-paid internships, pre-apprenticeships, and apprenticeships
2. Understands and applies all applicable federal, state, and local laws, policies, and guidelines governing
experiential learning activities.
3. Leverages institutional resources and existing programs to achieve outcomes through experiential
programs including community engaged learning, research, laboratory experiences, internships and
cooperative education opportunities, service learning, and related opportunities.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Knowledge of the purpose of community colleges and the vision of Dallas College
• Experience managing change initiatives including knowledge and skill in process improvement, project planning, conflict resolution, team building, customer service, and data-based decision-making concepts
• Ability to identify and address opportunities and challenges that arise as a result of Dallas College’s current transition
• Demonstrated successful experience in the creation, development, or implementation of experiential learning
• Demonstrated successful experience building and maintaining relationships
• Experience with local, state, and federal workforce programs,
• Experience in contextualization and alignment of career and technical education and continuing education curricula with industry- based knowledge, skills and abilities needed to obtain employment or industry recognized credentials
• Ability to analyze multi-layered problems and propose solutions
• Knowledge of best practices/trends in experiential learning success initiatives in higher education
• Demonstrated knowledge of principles of equity and inclusion and a demonstrated commitment to the promotion of diversity
• Knowledge of compliance with pertinent state and federal laws and regulations
• Knowledge of current research and policy recommendations as well as state and national initiatives designed to enhance experiential learning
• Experience in strategic planning, assessment of program(s) effectiveness, and development of guidelines to improve the educational and career outcomes for students
Experience deploying data-informed and results oriented programs and supports
• Employ data-informed decision making and use predictive analytics
Normal physical job functions performed within a standard office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with physical challenges to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Minimum Knowledge and Experience
Bachelor’s degree required
• Three (3) years of progressive responsibility in an educational leadership role
• Three (3) years of experience working with external organizations to advance career connected learning strategies, including workforce-related programs
• Three (3) years of experience developing and managing career and continuing education programs
• Experience managing work groups and delivery structures that support the integration of career connected curriculum and experiences into credit and non-credit programs
***Will be subject to a criminal background check. Some positions may be subject to a fingerprint check.***
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Develop and implement a communication strategy in order to advance high-impact experiential learning as a signature element of a Dallas College education.
• Oversee the creation and delivery of programming to enhance experiential learning and its impact on student learning.
• Promote faculty interest in and the development of experiential learning opportunities embedded in or as a co-curricular accompaniment to their courses.
• Serve as a resource and advocate for faculty and staff with questions about best practices in experiential learning.
• Develop, coordinate, and implement an experiential learning assessment plan, in collaboration with the Experiential Learning Assessment Coordinator.
• Work with the designated representatives from the schools of to implement common procedures for effective assessment, review, and evaluation of experiential learning.
• Work in collaboration with others to identify and pursue possible outside funding sources for experiential learning.
• Work with student staff to create opportunities for students to serve as peer mentors and facilitators for experiential learning, following best practices in peer mentorship.
• Oversee the work of the Experiential Learning Assessment Coordinator
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Incumbents may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Position requires regular and predictable attendance.
Dallas College is part of an equal opportunity system that provides education and employment opportunities without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Dallas College complies with the Americans with Disabilities and Veterans Act.
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities within the Dallas County Community College District and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com