Employment History Include your last ten (10) years of employment history, or length of your employment history if less, including all position (even those that are not relevant to this position) and periods of unemployment. Incomplete information could disqualify you from further consideration.
Intern will be responsible for programming and data analysis in support of PI research projects.
This position is temporary and the term of the initial assignment is anticipated to be up to one year.
Programming and Data Analysis (100%)
- Responsible for implementing scripts and software pipelines for the analysis of genomics data
- Communicate results of data analysis to Principal Investigator and other members of the laboratory.
- Occasionally present results at laboratory meetings.
- Responsible for debugging and maintaining software packages released by the laboratory.
- Experience in software development and data analysis
- High School Diploma or equivalent work experience
- Undergraduate coursework in computer science or equivalent work experience
- Undergraduate coursework in biology and/or genetics
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Punctual, meticulous and rigorous in completing an assigned task.
- Programming experience in one or more languages
- Experience in Unix/Linux environment
- Theoretical knowledge of biological sciences.
- Proven organizational and time management skills to successfully set priorities, meet established deadlines and recognize new problems with changing priorities and interruptions.
- Highly organized, effective at multitasking and adept at juggling changing priorities.
- Proven ability to work both independently and as part of a collaborative team.
- Ability to read, comprehend, and discuss research materials.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills utilizing sound judgment, tact and a recognition of situations requiring confidentiality.
- Ability to diplomatically and professionally interact with all levels of Institute staff and external contacts.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Must be willing to work in an animal-related research environment.
- Satisfactory completion of the Institute’s background investigation.
- Must be willing to sign a confidentiality agreement
This position requires constant adjusting focus, grasping, hearing, keying, seeing, sitting, talking, analyzing, calculating, communicating, reading, reasoning, and working inside.
Apply Here: https://www.salk.edu/about/careers/
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
When inquiring or applying for positions at the Salk Institute for Biological Studies, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at the Salk Institute for Biological Studies and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com