The ADCT is primarily responsible for assisting the DCT in planning, developing and coordinating the program’s instructional and clinical activities, as necessary to ensure that students receive assistance in meeting their learning and clinical objectives.
. Assist the Director of Clinical Training in opening new program(s), obtaining accreditation and engaging in self-study activities to affirm re-accreditation. Assist the DCT with licensing and professional agencies.
- Assists the DCT and practicum coordinator in overseeing the quality of practicum sites
- Reviews and approves all practicum affiliation agreements.
- Assists the DCT and practicum coordinator in maintaining a list of available outside practicum sites which meet APA training standards of accreditation.
- Assists the practicum coordinator in monitoring the quality of all external clinical practicum based on APA standards of accreditation.
- Assists the DCT in planning, developing and coordinating instructional activities as necessary in order to ensure that students receive assistance in meeting their learning objectives.
- Keeps students informed of progress and developments in the field.
- Participates in the admission process for the clinical psychology programs.
- Submits required academic, clinical and institutional reports and forms (mid-term/ final grades, etc.) in a timely and accurate manner.
- Maintains responsibilities for the preparation of reports required by the university and/or accrediting, licensing and professional agencies.
- Participates in student evaluations twice a term at the faculty and clinical meetings to determine student progress and professional development.
- Submits grades to the Registrar’s Office for students in outside practicum based on site supervisor’s evaluations.
- Establishes and maintains an instructional atmosphere conducive to learning and research.
- Uses office time to prepare information for students, to assist them in meeting their professional developmental needs.
- Encourages student participation in their academic and professional development.
- Assists DCT in completing end-of-the-year student evaluations and degree completion.
- Participates in activities or faculty committees and similar bodies.
- Actively participates in institutional meetings and committees.
- Serves on Doctoral Project Committees.
- Evaluates performance of staff under supervision.
- Assesses and coordinates students and program needs.
- Establishes and maintains a liaison with other individuals and/or agencies.
- Maintains availability to students on an individual and/or small group basis to respond to student questions and concerns.
- Teaches courses per contract in area of expertise.
- Participates in doctoral projects
- Performs student advisement and end-of-the-year student evaluations.
- Abides by the principles and procedures as well as institutional philosophy as contained in the university catalog, faculty handbook, student handbook, and other institutional publications.
- Holds membership and/or takes active participation in professional organizations which emphasize academic excellence.
- Fulfills the obligations of any reassignment of duties between classroom, office, academic, administrative and committee tasks as required by institutional priorities.
- Participates in Annual Graduation Ceremony.
- Maintains professional licensure in good standing, professional memberships in professional organizations, and participates in continuing education activities.
- Conducts research in a particular field or knowledge and publishes findings in professional journals.
- Reports directly to the Director of Clinical Training.
At Albizu University, our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels. Albizu University has an Employment Equity Policy and we welcome applications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
Qualified applicants will possess a PhD or PsyD in Clinical Psychology from an APA
Accredited program. A minimum of 5 years’ experience in higher education.
Teaching of clinical courses experience is highly desirable.
Must be licensed in the State of Florida.
Salary and benefits are fully competitive. Interested applicants please forward curriculum vitae and statement of interest to Carlos Albizu University, Human Resources Office, 2173 NW 99 Avenue, Miami, FL 33172, e-mail to email@example.com or fax to (305) 477-8983. Albizu University is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Albizu University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com