The University of Idaho invites applications for the Assistant Director of the Writing Center. This position provides support to the Director of the Writing Center, and manages the Writing Center’s online tutoring services. The Assistant Director will work with writers across the disciplines, from first-year students in composition courses, to students and other campus community members working on advanced writing projects. Additional duties include:
• Teach two courses per semester. Teaching would support the first-year composition program or other programs as assigned by the Department of English.
• Assist with daily operations on-campus: tutor students; supervise and mentor tutors; schedule face-to-face tutor shifts; hire tutors and approve time-sheets.
• Act as a liaison for programs requiring student visits: schedule and oversee orientations for English 109 students; communicate with English 109 Studio Tutors about Writing Center services; maintain records of English 109 student visits to the Writing Center; maintain records of students from Global Student Success Program, the McNair Scholars, and other similar programs.
• Conduct outreach: visit classes; develop presentations, workshops, and promotional materials; communicate with faculty and advisors; attend events like UIdaho Bound, New Transfer Student Orientation, and Palousafest; assist with website maintenance.
• Manage online tutoring services: schedule online tutors; assist in the training and supervision of online tutors; develop instructional materials for online tutoring; troubleshoot and access technical support.
• Manage WCONLINE: update forms; generate individual and year-end reports.
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at the University of Idaho and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com