Delaware State University
Vacancy Announcement -Renewable Energy Engineering Center (REEC) Laboratory Coordinator
Temporary; Approximately 10 hours per week for 5 weeks
College of Agriculture, Science and Technology
Apply online at www.desu.edu
Applications will be accepted until position is filled
THIS IS A 100% GRANT FUNDED POSITION
We seek to hire a part-time laboratory coordinator to design and develop cutting edge Undergraduate (UG) education laboratory for the REEC at DSU. The center coordinator will facilitate and develop center’s research and training laboratories to the university students and community in areas of renewable energy, novel engineering materials and systems to design next-generation energy and sustainability requirements.
The suitable candidate will hold a degree in Engineering and Technology with focus in materials science, renewable energy engineering and electronics. M.S. of PhD. Degree in Electrical, Material Science or Renewable energy is desired. Candidates with prior experience with developing undergraduate laboratory curriculum and training will be given preference.
The duties include:
1. Design and develop UG laboratory curriculum in Energy and Environment- [Online shared drive].
2. Design laboratories and create laboratory manuals - the number of laboratories and required material will be discussed with the center director- [Online shared drive].
3. Align and design few laboratories with existing engineering physics courses e.g. Materials Science, Sound and Acoustics, Signals and Systems, Electronics etc.
4. Mentor and train research interns in Energy laboratory when needed.
5. Provide monthly report to the Center Director on progress, activities and areas of development of the laboratory – [Online shared drive].
6. Additional tasks on discussion with the center director.
7. Prepare a poster for UG laboratory curriculum and research plan at DSU summer symposium.
8. Maintain at least 10 hrs. in the UG REEC Laboratory designing and developing the laboratory curriculum.
Renewable Energy and Education Center (REEC)- Delaware State University (DSU)
The Renewable Energy and Education center at DSU strives to enhance the education and training capacity of the University and to provide the general public with renewable energy literacy and training. The goals of the Center are to bring renewable energy to the masses of Delaware, improve the infrastructure and capacity of renewable energy education, research and extension, to establish a University-wide Renewable Energy Education Center, and offer certificate programs, as well as, credentialing services in renewable energy.
Prof. Gabriel Gwanmesia
Delaware State University is an equal opportunity, Title IX Employer and does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, marital status, age or disability.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Delaware State University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com