Delaware State University
Research Associate - Gas Chromatography
Part-time; Approximately 29 hours per week
College of Agriculture, Science and Technology
Apply online at www.desu.edu
Applications will be accepted until position is filled
THIS IS A 100% GRANT FUNDED POSITION
The following are the functions essential to performing this job:
1. Participate in experimental design, implementation, and evaluation
2. Participate in data collection and statistical analyses of data, write and present findings.
3. Write comprehensive progress reports and final reports on completion of the project.
4. Participate in writing manuscripts for publication and/or presentation at professional meetings
5. Use geographic information system to analyze data
Required Knowledge, Skills and Ability
The individual in this job must possess these skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that they can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities
1. Ability to work successfully with diverse student and faculty
2. Ability to work independently with very little supervision
3. Ability to work with others in a collegial team atmosphere
4. Effective written and verbal communication skills
5. Ability to learn geographic information system
1. Earn BS degree in Chemistry or Biological Sciences. Master’s degree preferred
2. Strong analytical skill in Gas Chromatography (GC-MS), High Pressure Liquid Chromatography (HPLC-ELSD) and spectrophotomer equipment
The criteria for evaluation in this position include, but are not limited to the following:
1. Data collection, analysis, interpretation and presentation
Note: The University reserves the right to change or reassign job duties as provided in policy and negotiated agreements.
Delaware State University is an equal opportunity, Title IX Employer and does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, marital status, age or disability.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Delaware State University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com