Delaware State University
Vacancy Announcement - Postdoctoral Fellow/Research Associate, Molecular and Developmental Genetics
Department of Biological Sciences
Apply online at www.desu.edu
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled
THIS IS A 100% GRANT FUNDED POSITION
General Description of the Job
Post-Doctoral Research Associate will work in the Dhillon lab to plan, develop and carry out a research program on the molecular and developmental genetics of behavior. This person will also be responsible for maintaining the laboratory and providing scientific leadership, training and mentoring to undergraduate and graduate students.
The following are the functions essential to performing this job.
1. Plan and carry out experiments with C. elegans genetics, molecular, bio-imaging and behavioral assays.
2. Generate and maintain transgenic and mutant lines including cryo-storage and maintaining DNA and strain records.
3. Help with purchasing research supplies and equipment, and maintain laboratory records.
4. Provide technical and scientific guidance to undergraduate and graduate students in the laboratory
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The individual must have experience with molecular biology and bio-imaging including confocal imaging and analyses. The individual in this job must possess these skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that they can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
1. Education: PhD degree, Biology preferred, but a PhD in another science discipline is acceptable
2. Authored related peer reviewed lead publications.
The criteria for evaluation in this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Persistence and creative effort in designing and analyzing molecular experiments using C. elegans development and behavior
2. Ability to work productively with undergraduate and graduate students in research as well as to train and mentor them effectively
Note: The University reserves the right to change or reassign job duties as provided in policy and negotiated agreements.
Delaware State University is an equal opportunity, Title IX Employer and does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, marital status, age or disability.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Delaware State University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com