Delaware State University
Vacancy Announcement - Postdoctoral Research Associate (Psychology)
Delaware Institute of Science and Technology
Apply online at www.desu.edu
Applications will be accepted until position is filled
THIS IS A 100% GRANT FUNDED POSITION
The Postdoctoral Research Associate for the Delaware Center for Neuroscience Research will assist faculty researchers in the department of psychology in developing and performing research on the evolution and development of human brains, or sleep studies. This person will also be responsible for maintaining the laboratory, in addition to training and mentoring undergraduate and graduate students.
The following are the functions essential to performing this job:
1. May involve planning and carrying out experiments with human subjects.
2. 2.May involve experiments isolating RNA and performing MRI imaging on post-mortem brains.
3. Purchasing and maintaining research supplies and equipment for the laboratory.
4. Writing manuscripts based on original research and submitting to scientific journals for publication; presenting research at local or international conferences.
5. Training and mentoring undergraduate and graduate students.
A PhD degree in Psychology, Neuroscience, or related field is required.
For more information contact Dr. Christine Charvet at firstname.lastname@example.org
Delaware State University is an equal opportunity, Title IX Employer and does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, marital status, age or disability.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Delaware State University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com