Delaware State University
Vacancy Announcement - Pre and Post Award Specialist
Center for Integrated Biological and Environmental Research (CIBER)
Apply online at www.desu.edu
Applications will be accepted until position is filled
THIS IS A 100% GRANT FUNDED POSITION
The Center for Integrated Biological and Environmental Research (CIBER) at Delaware State University is seeking to hire an energetic Pre/Post Award Specialist. The candidate will be an integral part of CIBER and must be able to embrace and participate in change processes and be dedicated to continual learning and improvement. This position provides pre and post grant support within CIBER. This position will perform work activities in a large volume, fast paced, complex, detailed environment that requires multi-tasking expertise, managing conflicting priorities, timely work production, and the ability to solve complex problems.
The selected individual’s job responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, assisting CIBER affiliated faculty with pre-and post-award grant and contract administration services; determining project expenditure compliance with guidelines, work with faculty to calculate, process and reconcile/verify funds available on grants. Responsible for reporting accurate and expeditious award expenses. This position may serve as a liaison with sponsors and other University offices on behalf of faculty and staff. The Pre-Post Award Specialist will work closely with the CAST Fiscal & Budget Analyst, the DSU Offices of Sponsored Programs, and Restricted Accounting, etc., to facilitate an efficient and productive workflow process
The successful candidate will also:
• Assist with tasks such as budget revisions, no-cost extensions, and other research administration functions.
• Assist faculty with prior approval requirements for changing aspects of a fund; review award terms and conditions; prepare and maintain budgetary records and financial files of sponsored projects and assist in the completion of all closeout procedures as necessary for timely financial close-out of sponsored projects;
• Assist with the preparation of financial reports and specialized invoices for sponsored projects;
• Serve as liaison between the Office of Sponsored Programs staff and CIBER administrative staff.
• Assist faculty with creating proposal subsections including budgets and non-technical components of applications.
• Review, interpret, and provide guidance to faculty and staff based on sponsor solicitations, regulations and law, particularly the federal uniform guidance.
• Monitor fund balances to include line item balances and overall balances, develop, compile, analyze and incorporate financial data into a variety of reports on activity and balances.
• Monitor end dates of projects/funds and assist with financially closing funds, and time and effort documentation.
• Assist faculty or others in the submission of final technical and other reports.
• Work with respective offices at DSU to facilitate assignment of budget and fund numbers to fixed-term, graduate assistant and postdoctoral scholar’s salaries.
• Process journal vouchers and payroll transfers as required.
• Process, review and advise on cost justifications for budgets to manage resources and maintain financial compliance.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree or higher plus 2-3 years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), Google Docs and Web-based programs and tools as needed for the position. Additionally, this position requires excellent written and verbal communication skills and familiarity with a broad spectrum of granting agencies and foundations.
Review of applications will begin immediately. Send cover letter and resume/CV as a single PDF file to Dr. Venu Kalavacharla, email@example.com. Interested candidates must complete an online application for full consideration.
Note: The University reserves the right to change or reassign job duties as provided in policy and negotiated agreements.
Delaware State University is an equal opportunity, Title IX Employer and does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, marital status, age or disability.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Delaware State University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com