Delaware State University
Vacancy Announcement - Research Technician (Part-time)
Department of Human Ecology
Apply online at www.desu.edu
Applications will be accepted until position is filled
THIS IS A 100% GRANT FUNDED POSITION
The DNA Core is searching for a part-time Research Technician. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: a motivated and ambitious candidate who wants to study microbiome and bacteriophage derived from various samples and its application using molecular biological techniques and bioinformatics. Collaboration with PD, Post-doc, and graduate students in conducting project and preparing manuscripts, proposals, and reports.
1. This position is open to PhD or MS. degree with an emphasis on Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Genomics, Bioinformatics or Biochemistry.
2. Candidates must have hands-on experience in molecular biological techniques (DNA extraction, DNA recombination/expression, Genbank, electrophoresis, Real-time PCR and conventional PCR assays including primer/probe design and copy number quantification, etc.)
3. Hands-on experiences in microbiological techniques (media preparations, cultivation, bacteria identification, managing bacterial and viral storage, spectrometry, aseptic techniques, etc.) Bioinformatics and DNA sequencing experience will be plus.
4. Hands-on experiences in protein/enzyme works (protein purification, western blotting, enzyme assays, HPLC, FPLC/NGC) will be plus.
5. Effective oral and written communication skills.
6. Candidates must be willing to independently conduct research projects and collaborations with lab members.
Send a cover letter (including statements of research project experiences), CV, and contact information for three references to Dr. Samuel Besong, Search Committee Chair
Delaware State University is an equal opportunity, Title IX Employer and does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, marital status, age or disability.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Delaware State University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com