Delaware State University
Vacancy Announcement - Employability Coach
School of Graduate, Adult and Extended Studies
Apply online at www.desu.edu
Applications will be accepted until position is filled
THIS IS A 100% GRANT FUNDED POSITION
General Description of the Job
The Employability Coach Specialist works with all units within the Testing Services(TS) & Adult and Continuing Education(ACE) and Technology & Training Center (TTC) to design, develop and implement job readiness strategies throughout learner employment lifecycle. The position 1) making the connection for apprentices, placement assistance and build a partnership with stakeholders to forge career opportunities for learners that participant in TS, ACE and TTC program offerings; 2) assisting with providing monthly data reports and status updates to the Institutional Advancement. The position’s primary location is the DSU Wilmington site and alternate area Living & Learning Commons, 7th floor, Technology & Training Center. The position will maintain an office at DSU Commons for meetings with stakeholders, learners, other potential partners, and oversite of programs. The position reports to the SGAES, Dean and the Executive Director of TS, ACE & TTC with a dotted line to Grants Administrator (Institutional Advancement) for data reporting.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
1. Coordinate support services for TS, ACE and TTC learners.
2. Research identify and compile network of prospective employers.
3. Build relationships with local stakeholders to generate referrals and create a collaborative working partnership in the geographical area.
4. Work with personnel committee and recruiting staff to help identify and fill external/internal job sourcing needs.
5. Complete the quarterly Barclay’s reports.
6. Handle the Delaware Works database and reporting information (ITA forms, other information).
7. Conduct leaner assessments to evaluate prospective employee behavior and emotional intelligence.
8. Use data bases and websites (i.e., ONET, Delaware Works, LERN Network Portal, Al Portal, Department of Labor website) to determine labor force trends.
9. Facilitate job readiness orientation, counseling, and workshop.
10. Provide weekly update reports.
11. Utilizing RegisterBlast to track all visitors, learners/partners, and services.
12. Utilize local support networks to help learners overcome employment barriers.
13. Coach learners on how to successfully navigate structured, situational, and behavioral interviews.
14. Follow up on all direct and indirect contacts with learners.
15. Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The individual in this job must possess skills and abilities to explain and demonstrate that they can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
Responsibilities and Expectations:
1. Experience using Microsoft Office Suite.
2. Excellent quality service skills.
3. Experience in academic and/or support services, community programming, continuing education, or related areas.
4. Demonstrate wide-ranging lateral, upward and horizontal communication.
5. Demonstrate excellent time management and organizational skills.
6. Identify adult learning styles and help develop targeted learning strategies.
7. General knowledge of curricula of programs and continuing education.
8. Maintain the security of confidential information and student/candidate data.
9. Consistently develop coaching skills to assist learner navigation everchanging labor market.
10. Work effectively in a diverse community and meet the needs of diverse student/candidate populations.
1. Education: Higher education degree with professional work experience.
2. Excellent communication skills with the ability to adapt a wide range of communication skills.
3. Influencing skills that promote commitment and action.
4. Workforce development experience.
5. Strong team player with a positive and flexible approach to both work and colleagues.
6. Creative problem-solving skills and a positive approach to challenging and overcoming limiting beliefs.
7. Training and program coordination.
8. Ability to plan and organize workload to meet required target and deadlines.
9. Demonstrate experience in talent development on a one-one on basis.
Note: The University reserves the right to change or reassign job duties as provided in policy and negotiated agreements.
Delaware State University is an equal opportunity, Title IX Employer and does not discriminate against persons based on race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, marital status, age, or disability.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Delaware State University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com