Delaware State University
Vacancy Announcement -- Nurse Practitioner
Student - Employee Health Services
Apply online at www.desu.edu
Applications will be accepted until position is filled
General Description of the Job
The role of the Nurse Practitioner is to provide primary health care and education services to the student population at Delaware State University.
The following are the functions essential to performing this job.
1. Provide primary care, physical examinations, and preventive health care services to students.
2. Assess health status of students through history taking, physical examination, and identification of developmental and psychosocial problems
3. Initiate laboratory, radiologic and other diagnostic modalities
4. Design a comprehensive plan of intervention, treatment, consultation, and follow up. Initiate health care referral when necessary.
5. Evaluate patient’s physical and emotional reactions to prescribed treatment.
6. Assist patients in identifying and utilizing resources designed to improve and maintain health
7. Act as a resource person for health services staff
8. Responsible for update of the patient education materials
Individuals in this job may be assigned one or more of the following tasks on a rotating or as-needed basis.
1. Assist the director in providing health care outreach through health education programs
2. Other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The individual in this job must possess these skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that they can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
1. National certification within specialty area
2. Licensed Nurse Practitioner in the State of Delaware
3. Prescriptive privileges
4. Current CPR certification
5. Demonstrated mastery of all relevant federal, State, and University directives relevant to the essential functions
6. Exercise effective professional judgment
7. Demonstrate effective and professional verbal and written communication skills
1. Education: Master’s degree in nursing
2. National Certification
3. Prescriptive Privileges
4. Successful experience: Minimum of two years of similar industry related responsibilities
The criteria for evaluation in this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Demonstrate knowledge of the DSU Fundamentals
2. Improvement of current medical service program
3. Essential functions are carried out with full compliance of federal, State, and University directive
4. Essential functions are performed on a timely basis with an absolute minimum of legitimate complaints
5. Reliable attendance
6. Interaction and working relationship with co-workers and customers
Note: The University reserves the right to change or reassign job duties as provided in policy and negotiated agreements.
Delaware State University is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate because of race, creed, national or ethnic origin, sex, or disability.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Delaware State University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com