The Cognitive Development Lab at Wesleyan University, directed by Dr. Anna Shusterman, seeks a full-time lab coordinator starting in the Fall of 2020. The lab coordinator will assist with studies on the development of numerical and spatial thinking in preschool children and on research-practice collaborations in educational settings.
The primary focus of this position will be the implementation of a new NSF-funded project to develop and test a research-based, guided-play mathematics intervention in preschools.
• Working closely with the PI, postdoctoral fellow, and research staff to develop project materials and maintain records
• Coordinating with local research collaborators including preschools, school districts, and state agencies
• Hiring, coordinating, and supervising undergraduate research assistants
• Recruiting and scheduling participants; maintaining a participant database; data entry and record keeping; and running participants through studies
• Literature searches and assisting with the preparation of conference abstracts, manuscripts, and grants
The lab coordinator will have the opportunity to be directly involved in research, earn authorship on journal articles, and attend research conferences.
Funding for this position has been approved for 2 years with continuation dependent upon mutual agreement and continued grant funding.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Wesleyan University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com