Job no: 500832
Work type: Full-time
Location: LeCroy Center
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday (8:00-5:00)
Six Sigma Process Improvement Principal Manager
Job Title Code
Salary Range (Full-Time)
$99,000.00 - $158,400.00 (dependent on experience and other considerations)
Lead a Process Improvement effort to accomplish Dallas College’s newly structured organization model. Work in alignment with the organizational leadership in enhancing the identification, prioritization, design, and implementation of process improvement initiatives through, training, mentoring, coaching, and developing a team of Lean Six Sigma Green Belt leaders across the operational functions. Serve as a subject matter expert and lead practitioner to implement a process of ongoing improvement based on Lean Six Sigma. Focus on process improvements across Dallas College business departments and service offerings, and work with key business leaders to analyze and streamline processes and technologies for maximum efficiency and quality.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Experience and proven track record in the successful implementation of Lean Six Sigma processes in a complex organization.
• Proven track record in facilitation, public speaking, training, presentation, and communication.
• Demonstrated success initiating change and ability to influence at all levels.
• The ability, business maturity and interpersonal “savvy” to be proactive with work and establish credibility with senior leader and business process owners.
• Strong consulting experience and skills that include the capability to quickly identify and develop improvement opportunities and build the trust and confidence of key line executives, managers, and employees.
• Experience coaching and mentoring to all levels of an organization, actively contributes to the development of department and individual capabilities.
• Leadership, project management, design thinking, problem-solving and team development.
• Technical competency in Lean Six Sigma skills: DMAIC, DFSS, Lean, Kaizen/Work-out, process management, change management and advanced statistical techniques.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Process analysis and improvement skills.
• High energy, relentless optimism in pursuit of achieving outcomes.
• Proven track record in achieving results by working independently and with others.
• Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation, and facilitation skills.
• Proficiency in Windows, Minitab, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Visio software.
Normal physical job functions performed within a standard office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with physical challenges to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Minimum Knowledge and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in business or related field required, advanced degree preferred, in related field or four (4) years of managerial experience in process improvement.
• Formal Lean and Six Sigma training, Master Black Belt or Black Belt certification required.
• Eight (8) years of professional level experience.
• Five (5) years of experience in Lean or Six Sigma.
• Two (2) years of experience in higher education is preferred.
• Official transcripts are required.
• Current and valid Texas driver’s license required for offsite travel.
***Will be subject to a criminal background check. Some positions may be subject to a fingerprint check.***
2 - 5 years of Project Management Office Experience
5 - 7 years of consultaning experience
3 - 5 ERP implementation experience as business process team lead
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Equip the organization with the Lean, Six Sigma and operational excellence tools and practices necessary to improve and optimize organizations, process, and technology performance.
• Initiate and champion change to develop an organizational mindset that drives process improvement, ownership, and accountability.
• Conduct in-depth analyses (when required), including data collection, data analyses, and synthesis of data to generate key insights for projects or Lean deployment strategies
• Design and deliver Lean Six Sigma training program. Recruit, mentor, and coach Six Sigma Green Belts.
• Act as a key driver for change within the business units aligned to supporting project execution and toll-gating and helping them to learn, understand, adjust, and grow with the business Lean Six Sigma transformation
• Perform organizational and process analysis and develop plans to improve quality, cycle time and cost. Synthesize analysis into operational insights and practical recommendations to assess risk and financial impact.
• Develop presentations for senior management to facilitate discussions on project or program progress, results and assistance needed from them
• Proven analysis and scoping experience yielding projects and pipeline that maximizes the impact and benefit of improvements to decrease project cycle times.
• Maintain collaborative team relationships with peers and colleagues in order to effectively contribute to the working groups on achievement of goals, and to help foster a positive work environment.
• Identify and lead 1-3 large-scale process and organizational projects at a given time.
• Mentor and coach project teams – including project leaders and members - to develop plans that enable continuous improvement post-implementation.
• Provide regular reports of projects completed and in progress along with KPIs metrics demonstrating financial and operational impact.
• Ensure disciplined, data-driven, well-documented processes and approaches to improving end-to-end operational performance led by voice of the customer (VOC).
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities within the Dallas County Community College District and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com