JOB OBJECTIVES: To provide strong strategic event brand and support to the Chief Creative Officer, Sr. Operations Director Events for Parker University. The Live Production Manager/Video Producer will be responsible for supporting the University Event operations, shaping the creative output of all Parker Events and will be involved in all aspects of concept, ideation and development and creative execution. The primary objectives of this role are to manage all aspects of hosting a successful event. This includes maintaining inventory, QC of equipment, setting up, and tearing down after the event is over. In addition, the Event Manager will also perform video capture, editing, and light motion graphics.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED FROM: Chief Creative Officer and Director of Video Productions
SUPERVISION GIVEN TO WHOM: 0-3 staff members
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Responsibilities include but is not limited to:
- Maintain and inventory all production equipment.
- Conceptualize and implement innovative and compelling stage designs.
- Hire and oversee freelance talent.
- Editing, color correction, compositing, graphics, titling, visual effects, tape duplication, and QC.
- Work with internal teams as well as external clients and vendor partners on a daily basis.
- Support in the planning and delivery of University and Seminars events; and lead, train, and manage postproduction employees in executing effective and efficient events.
- Professional appearance and decorum;
- Must have close, proactive, timely, and regular communication with the Chief Creative Officer.
- Partner with supervisors on solution design, department justification of capital and deployment.
- Forecast budgets and have a solid understanding of the necessary staff and skills needed to complete project.
- Edit short and long-format educational videos in their entirety, including the creation of motion graphics, audio mixing, color correction, DVD authoring, and assuring technical quality.
- Lead employee(s) and give guidance and direction while maintaining high morale through recognition and daily communication.
- Build schedules for various event deliverables, including web videos, social media posts and various internal video projects for clients.
- Imperative to know what direct report employees are working on, ensuring all meeting requirements and deadlines are met, know their challenges, and their effectiveness, and identify any training that is needed.
- Working Manager: Work right with and beside team members in all phases of production from setup, tear down, video camera recording, set design, lighting and delivering the final product as directed.
- All other tasks as may be assigned by the supervisors.
Apply Here: https://www.parker.edu/job-postings/
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Parker University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com