I. JOB SUMMARY
The highly visible incumbent is responsible for implementing the mission and vision of D’Youville and the Division of Student Affairs while coordinating student wellness programming and acting as the primary liaison between students and access to mental healthcare. The successful candidate will be a self-starter who thrives amidst an ever-changing and unpredictable work environment and will have demonstrated skills in the areas of mental health, student support, holistic wellness, outreach, and programming. This position will work very closely with a licensed mental health counselor to ensure that programming and outreach within The Lodge Wellness Center is in line with best practices. Evening and weekend hours may be regularly required when the college is in session to manage workload and attend meetings and College functions. The primary focus of the Coordinator will be the implementation of intentional programming that promotes mental health and wellness and connects all students with the care services provided to them within the Lodge Wellness Center and through TimelyMD. Additionally, this 12-month position will provide organizational support to the Lodge Wellness Center. This position reports directly to the Chief Student Affairs Officer and is expected to work closely with all units within Student Affairs to ensure that the College is “student-ready” and that every student has the opportunity to be engaged outside of the classroom.
II. PRIMARY JOB DUTIES:
- Manage day-to-day operations, budgets, and cost centers of The Lodge Wellness Center;
- Establish vision and goals for mental health and suicide prevention outreach programming;
- Plan, implement, and evaluate theory-based and evidence informed mental health promotion and suicide prevention strategies, policies, programs and services that address known mental health issues in higher education and within the healthcare industry;
- Develop and oversee the Peer Wellness Support program;
- Develop and utilize assessment of mental health needs on campus (e.g. sleep, suicide prevention, sexual assault prevention, etc.) to guide strategic planning related to mental health outreach;
- Works closely with the Cultural Enrichment Center to incorporate multicultural diversity and social justice concepts and principles into outreach services;
- Plan, implement, and evaluate campus-wide programming that supports holistic wellness and introduces the campus to the importance of understanding their mind, body, and spirit;
- In collaboration with a licensed mental health counselor, work with individual students to discuss issues, resources, and opportunities that are available to them and provide appropriate connections to campus services;
- Support individual students on a broad range of personal and professional-related concerns;
- Represent The Lodge Wellness Center on committees and in organizations and activities as appropriate;
- Create and maintain a QR library to include informational files, referral information, and other resources;
- Maintain web and social media presence for The Lodge Wellness Center.
III. OTHER JOB DUTIES:
- Ensure a student-centered departmental environment with a focus on customer service;
- Conduct assessment of all programs and services to evaluate effectiveness related to office, department, division, and campus-wide goals and initiatives;
- Serve as a trained Title IX advisor;
- Other duties as assigned by the Chief Student Affairs Officer.
IV. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated experience working in or supervision of cultural enrichment initiatives;
- Thorough knowledge and proven track record in Student Affairs or Community Organizing, including policy development, programming, and student development;
- Strong cross-cultural, interpersonal, and writing skills necessary, including the ability to represent the College in a positive way to diverse populations;
- A demonstrated commitment to promoting a diverse and inclusive community;
- Possesses a demonstrated ability to develop linkages with other college community partners through significant outreach efforts to support student success in and out of the classroom;
- Ability to innovative and create programs that supports student learning, leading to increased persistence and graduation rates across diverse student populations;
- Ability to work with a wide variety of individuals on campus and in all areas of the community to accomplish student life objectives;
- Ability to make sound professional judgments, often under deadline pressure, when dealing with student related issues;
- A proven ability to identify and address problems, exhibit competence in identifying and interpreting needed areas of assessment, display sensitivity regarding personnel matters and the ability to participate effectively in short and long-range planning;
- A strong commitment to the college’s mission to honor the catholic heritage and the spirit of St. Marguerite d’Youville working with students from across diverse cultures, backgrounds and faith traditions that promotes leadership and service.
V. JOB SPECIFICATIONS:
- Master’s degree in psychology, counseling, social work, higher education, or related field.
- Appropriate and applicable professional experience within Student Affairs or relevant fields showing progressive responsibilities.
VI. PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Possess the ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations;
- Handle multiple tasks and priorities at once while solving problems and thinking innovatively;
- Administrative, organizational, supervisory, and budget-management skills;
- Extended periods of sitting, standing, stair climbing, maneuvering objects of substantial weight;
- Responding promptly in late-night hours while remaining alert;
- Must possess a student-centered personal philosophy and an amazing sense of humor.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at D'Youville College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com