Utility Engineer I is responsible for the operation, maintenance and repair of the college’s mechanical and electrical systems.
Preferred and Required Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent. Advanced degree, and CFC Certification preferred.
- Formal specialized training in the operation and maintenance of HVAC, mechanical and electrical systems.
- A minimum of two (2) years of progressively responsible recent maintenance experience in building mechanical systems, heating and cooling systems, pneumatic and digital controls and energy management, including experience with commercial boilers (minimum of 250 H.P.) and large chillers (minimum of 250 tons).
- Journeyman HVAC License or Second Grade Stationary Engineers License required. First Grade preferred.
- Flexibility and ability to change shift when requested.
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record of less than five (5) points on driving record.
- Ability to participate in bloodborne pathogens training within six (6) months of employment.
- Hepatitis B vaccination or a signed waiver.
- Candidates may be required to successfully pass a background investigation, to include driving, fingerprint and criminal history evaluation.
- Candidates may be required to successfully complete a pre-hire, post-offer physical examination, including drug screening.
This is an Essential Position and the employee must be available for building emergencies, and to perform regular duties or other assigned duties at times when the campus is closed to students and non-essential staff. Subject to 24-hours standby or call-in for building emergencies. May be required to work overtime or special hours as needed or required.
When inquiring or applying for positions at the Community College of Baltimore County please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities within the Community College of Baltimore County and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com