Come join an innovative team! Located on the vibrant, diverse West Side of Buffalo NY, D’Youville is an innovative, private, coeducational institution serving 3,000 undergraduate and graduate students. D’Youville is immersed in ambitious and exciting change initiatives to reframe traditional practices and structures to further grow enrollment, improve the health of the community, and profoundly impact student success.
Over that last three-years D’Youville has launched 15 new online degrees and continues our strategic plan to rapidly expand our portfolio of online programs. This is a tremendous opportunity for a talented and motivated individual to build an online enrollment team from the ground up. The right leader will have amble advancement opportunities as the University works to increase our online student population.
The Assistant Director of Online Admissions manages all recruiting and enrollment aspects of our online programs and ensures all standard operating procedures are followed. The ideal candidate is responsible for building strong relationships with students as they progress through the admissions process. The Assistant Director reviews applications and determine whether an applicant is academically prepared to succeed at D’Youville. See required and preferred qualifications below.
- Oversee online admissions counselors and ensure standard operating procedures are followed
- Produce weekly enrollment reports detailing each stage of the enrollment funnel
- Ensure admissions counselors are meeting and exceeding performance goals
- Initiating and responding to a high volume of inbound and outbound inquiries from a diverse pool of newly applied and admitted students
- Communicate with newly applied and admitted students via telephone, email and in-person to assist them in making informed decisions by providing timely and accurate information;
- Provide courteous service to prospective and new students inquiring about the university, its academic programs, admissions requirements, policies, payment options and procedures;
- Ensure a positive customer experience by being available, courteous, knowledgeable and responsive to new student needs and wants;
- Scheduling and meeting with prospective students in order to provide a comprehensive overview of the D’Youville value proposition and the benefits of a world class education;
- Developing relationships with new students by utilizing the CRM to record all interactions and customizing condition-based outreach;
- Effectively utilize the customer relationship management platform to adhere to established best-practice business processes that provide relevant information to newly admitted students throughout the discovery and decision-making phase;
- Evening and weekend hours may be required
Knowledge and Abilities- Required competencies, proficiencies, specialized knowledge, technology skills, etc.
- Strong oral and written communication and demonstrated human relation skills
- Basic mathematical skills, strong Microsoft Excel skills preferred
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Experience in a call center environment
- Ability to use a personal computer and Internet experience essential. Capable to work remote web media for remote communications and presentations
- Strong multi-tasking skills competencies required
- Bachelor's degree.
- Experience working or volunteering in online admission, recruiting, college access, advising, sales or marketing, ideally in a higher education setting
- 2-3 years of professional work related to online admission, recruiting, college access, student advising, sales or marketing, ideally in a higher education or a college access setting.
- Outstanding interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills;
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks in a high volume/high interaction environment;
- Experience and success leading programming for online and adult student populations through the college access and/or admission process.
- Experience developing communications for the online/adult student markets.
- 3-5 years of work related to online admission, recruiting, college access, advising, sales or marketing, ideally in a higher education setting
- Preferred experience: previous online advising/higher education; customer relationship management (CRM), service center environment, previous experience with student recruitment and/or outreach a plus.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at D'Youville College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com