Director of Admissions
Locations: San Diego, CA
Posted: Sep 25, 2020
Closes: Open Until Filled
About Alliant International University:
Alliant International University's mission is to provide students with the highest quality of education through innovation in scholarship, applied training and research, and community service, particularly to underserved populations. The University's goal is to equip students with the competencies they need to improve the quality of human life by addressing major contemporary social issues. Core competencies of the University's training programs include cultural diversity, which is infused in courses and field placements and is manifest in the diversity of its students and faculty.
The Director of Admissions reports to the Associate Vice President of Student Engagement with primary responsibility for driving enrollment growth with qualified and capable students. The Director of Admissions provides leadership in the achievement of enrollment targets and is responsible for the prospective student experience, admissions policies and procedures, performance mentoring of staff, and forecasting and tracking enrollment trends in an accurate manner to various constituents.
• Meets or exceeds enrollment targets; generates strategy and executes plan to support inquiry conversion and confirmations of new students.
• Assures adequate staffing levels and productivity through effective personnel management. This includes but is not limited to selection and hiring of employees coupled with their being training, developed, motivated, and effectively managed.
• Responsible for monitoring inquiry generation and quality of inquiries by partnering with marketing, partnership development, and ensuring referral goals are met.
• Develops, implements, and monitors admissions policies and procedures consistent with current federal and state regulations, ethical standards, and compliance with all accrediting bodies.
• Analyzes marketing and enrollment reports to monitor progress towards enrollment goals. Makes data driven decisions to ensure enrollment goals are met.
• Leads and facilitates a customer-centered environment that is responsive and provides high-quality, timely services to students; stays abreast of trends in student recruitment and develops new strategies to enhance the admissions process for prospective students.
• Partners with faculty and staff to ensure an enchanting student recruitment environment.
• Responsible for developing and implementing the admissions event calendar to include new recruitment events, open houses, open campus days, webinars, and admitted student events.
• Manages programs and initiatives related to the retention of new students, i.e. Student Ambassador program, Facebook Admitted Groups, Peer Mentoring programs, etc.
• Performs other related tasks, duties and responsibilities as required, assigned or directed.
Anti-Discrimination Policy: Alliant International University prohibits discrimination in employment and in its educational programs and activities, including admission or access thereto, on the basis of race, national origin, color, creed, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or associational preference.
Alliant International University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to ensuring a high quality of education through the diversity of the University community and the curriculum. Women, people of color, people with disabilities and people from other underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply, as we actively seek to increase diversity at all levels. The University will conduct its programs, services and activities consistent with applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations and orders.
This policy is governed by Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Civil Rights Act of 1991, Title IX of the Education Amendments Act of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, the regulations implementing these statutes, and applicable federal and California law.
Education: Master's degree in Education, Counseling or Management or related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience: Three to five years of admissions and/or higher education or closely related professional experience, preferably in graduate or professional education. Experience with international, undergraduate, and graduate admissions preferred. Supervision experience of professional staff required. Demonstrated success in leading teams of diverse employees as well as experience with enlivening and fostering a climate that values and embraces all forms of human diversity.
Certifications, Licenses, etc.: None
• Proficient computer skills with Microsoft Office applications (especially, Word & Excel).
• Demonstrated technical skills with student information systems/databases. Salesforce and Campus Nexus experience preferred.
• Successful experience in supervision, development and management, and personnel evaluation.
• Effective organization and written and oral communication skills. Experience managing relationships and communicating with a wide range of constituencies.
• Sensitivity to cultural diversity and ability to interact effectively with people of all ages and diverse backgrounds.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks according to required deadlines and maintain composure under high stress conditions.
• Effective leadership skills which emphasize collaboration, consensus building, conflict resolution, problem solving, strategic vision, and intellectual vitality.
• Possesses excellent customer service skills.
• Highly motivated, focused, and results oriented.
Please provide resume and cover letter
For more information or to apply, visit: https://alliant.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=125262
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Alliant International University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency