Reporting to the Director of Operations & Administration, the Business Analyst is responsible for fulfilling a range of business intelligence needs for the GSD’s development and alumni relations department. Identifies and completes projects designed to identify new leadership, major, and planned gift and prospects, re-evaluate known prospects, and helps to build the pipeline of potential donors, working alone or in collaboration with teammates. Provides continuous assessment of departmental business processes and designs improvements to maximize efficiency and efficacy in order to meet strategic and operational needs. Provides end-user support for development data systems. Prepares prospect strategy recommendations using data analysis. Works closely with fundraisers regarding gift procedures, donor gift inquiries, and to support analytics and metrics needs across the department. Manages all departmental reporting.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Development Data Strategy
- Analyze accumulated data to assess individual capacity and make direct connections between School priorities and prospects’ giving interests based on available data.
- Identify, design, document, and execute annual projects that will identify potential new leadership, major, and planned gift donors for the School.
- Interpret development data and produce assets to help the Director of Operations and Administration to develop appropriate cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies.
- Coordinate the presentation of newly identified prospects to fundraisers.
- Provide recommendations to development officers on newly identified prospects, especially at the major gift-level.
- Manage the regular reporting cycle to help inform the team of progress towards goals.
- Fulfill ad hoc complex data queries to meet frontline and leadership team needs.
- Conducts research projects to substantiate prospect cultivation and solicitation strategies as assigned by the Director.
Business Intelligence & Data Management
- Manage regular staff meetings to coordinate the capture, maintenance, and interpretation of development data.
- Develop reports, software tools, and business process improvements to meet the needs of the DevAR team as related to fundraising, volunteer management, and alumni relations.
- Leads interdepartmental efforts to capture, aggregate, and share GSD data school-wide to advance development and alumni relations goals.
- Ensure compliance with Harvard Alumni Affairs and Development’s Advancement Technology Support Services and Business Intelligence departments’ policies and data requirements as the GSD’s designated Local Product Manager (LPM) for development data systems.
- Oversee access to and use of the development information systems, including all aspects of data maintenance, staff training, security and integrity audits, and record-keeping.
- Serve as GSD representative to schools and units University-wide regarding alumni and donor data.
- Serve as Local Product Manager for Ellucian Advance and QlikView systems.
- Participate in university-wide data management workgroups; ensure GSD’s interests are represented in the development of university-wide data management policies and that the DevAR team is equipped and trained on current hardware and software technologies necessary for all business operations of the office.
- Train new and current staff, proactively when necessary and at their request, on the effective use of data management tools to meet business needs.
- Assists the Director in the active management of the prospect management system and creation of prospect management policies and procedures as well as the training and management of staff responsible for data entry of all fundraising activity.
- There are no supervisory responsibilities associated with this position.
- Position involves frequent use of computer keyboard and mouse
- Temporary remote work environment with possibility of permanent remote work environment.
How to apply:
Upload a cover letter and resume to: https://hr.harvard.edu/search-jobs and keyword search to: requisition# 52546BR
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Harvard University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com