POSITION SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Controller, assist in managing all aspects of the University’s budget and financial planning including monitoring the daily activities for the University budget, ensuring compliance with policies and procedures and assist in the development of the University’s operating budget. Specifically, responsible for financial modeling, multi-year forecasting model, academic financial review model and financial analysis to effectively manage resources and to ensure budgetary compliance with University requirements. Also serves as the principal liaison and works collaboratively with University departments on budget, financial reporting and analysis. Manage the Banner ERP system, including self-service, as it relates to the budgeting and position control.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages, maintains and implements the forecasting models for current, future, and multi-year planning. Oversees, monitors and evaluates the models to ensure compliance with sound budgetary/accounting standards and practices and with applicable policies.
- Maintains the Academic Financial Review Model(Cost of Ed Study) including the ongoing system and operational enhancements of the model. Reviews the methodology and results of the model, identifies operational improvements and assists with the implementation of the improvements. Communicates the financial review results to the Vice President Finance, Controller, Vice Presidents, deans and others as necessary.
- Manage, prepare, review and monitor the allocation of budget requests, budget transfers, mid-year budget revisions and annual budget process requests. In conjunction with Vice President Finance and Controller, implement the annual budget process. Coordinate with departments for information to complete the annual budget and for information in response to requests. Assist in ensuring that the budget submissions and projections reflect appropriately the University’s Strategic Plan.
- Responsible for the oversight of the budget aspect of position control of the Human Resources Banner system. Work with department managers and the Human Resource department to ensure proper funding of positions and recommend changes as appropriate.
- Create reports and tools for departments and vice presidents to use in monitoring and analyzing their budgets and performance against budget. Reports out to vice presidents and budget managers on a periodic basis.
- Serve as an inhouse technical resource for Business Office staff for Argos reporting and other technical matters.
- Assist with a variety of technical tasks, for example, participate in computer system upgrades and associated testing, and engage in the continuing review, definition, and analysis of functional needs, requirements, and business rules and processes associated with the Business Office which might result in the need for system enhancements or modifications.
- Provide analyses, interpretation, assumptions and projections and presentations of budgetary data and financial information to Vice President Finance, Controller and others. Identify and provide resolution on financial issues, accounting/budget system issues, and University budget issues. Prepare reports and analyses as needed in decision making or to advise University Departments.
- Serves as principal liaison to budget managers to assist them in effectively managing resources and ensure budgetary compliance with University requirements, providing training and support on budgetary and financial policies and procedures.
- Assist in the development of budgets for new or expanding programs or departments. Analyze profitability of new, expanding or existing programs and departments.
- Maintain banner finance self-service for budget managers. Maintain user privileges.
- Provide administrative support to the Budget Advisory Committee which makes recommendations to the Cabinet and President on budgetary matters.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assume responsibilities for special projects as assigned by Controller or VP Finance.
- Maintain Business Office website.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Computerized accounting system, knowledge of Banner preferred
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, written and verbal skills.
- Thorough understanding and ability to apply fundamental accounting principles.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications
- Extensive knowledge of spreadsheet, graphic and database/query software
- Ability to recognize and respect the confidential nature of information.
- Accuracy, organization and attention to detail.
- Maintain confidentiality as required in all areas of the position
EXPECTATIONS FOR ALL EMPLOYEES
Cabrini University pursues its mission based upon core values. An employee’s job performance must support and exhibit the University’s core values:
RESPECT calls for care and compassion in regard to diversity, our environment, social justice and civility in resolving conflict.
VISION calls for a spiritually-based outlook when seeking solutions, courage, and a pro-active stewardship of all present and future resources.
COMMUNITY calls for common mission, ethical responsibility, a sense of belonging, dialogue in decision making, enthusiasm for enterprise, participation in celebration of our values and traditions.
DEDICATION OF EXCELLENCE calls for positive attitude, commitment to lifelong learning, personal and professional growth, pride in accomplishment, and fulfillment of common goals.
Five years’ experience in an accounting environment, preferably in higher education
Bachelor’s degree required in business administration or similar field
Apply Here: https://jobs.cabrini.edu/postings/1772
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Cabrini University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com