Touro University California, a rapidly growing university offering graduate programs in health sciences and education, has an excellent opportunity for an Alumni Engagement Officer for Touro University Advancement, University Communications Department on our Mare Island campus. The university is part of the Touro College and University System and is located on the northern tip of San Francisco Bay in Vallejo, California. Touro University California is an independent, non-profit Jewish-sponsored institution. It has 1,403 students in three graduate professional colleges (Osteopathic Medicine, Pharmacy, Education and Health Sciences).
Why you should join our team?
• 38 hour work week
• Great work/life balance
• TUC offers a welcoming campus and a positive, supportive culture
• Solano County offers some of the lowest cost housing in the SF Bay Area
POSITION DESCRIPTION: The Alumni Engagement Officer is responsible for developing and implementing a comprehensive engagement program designed to provide meaningful opportunities for alumni to enhance loyalty, dedication, and support for Touro University California. The Officer oversees the planning and execution of alumni activities in targeted regions and across the country to enhance engagement and cultivate connections.
The Alumni Engagement Officer will facilitate the growth of both the student and alumni association and is charged with securing commitments from alumni; collaborating with colleagues in the administrative offices (including, but not limited to Development, Communications and Student Affairs) and the colleges to create and maintain pathways for alumni participation that advance the goals of the University; partnering with University colleagues to identify, cultivate, solicit and steward alumni giving; and serving as a liaison between the Alumni Association and the academic and administrative leadership.
The Officer must have the ability to understand the big picture, establish personal and program priorities and possess communication skills to inspire a desired strategy or objective that fits into the overall vision and mission of Touro University California.
• Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university; Master's degree a plus.
• At least two years full time experience in an advancement position, preferably in a university setting.
• Full time experience implementing an annual fund campaign.
• Ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
• Experience working with university alumni and planning alumni events preferred.
• Expertise with Raiser's Edge and NetCommunity preferred.
• Demonstrated success in alumni relations and the use of a membership database for developing involvement and fundraising are strongly preferred
To view the full job description and apply, please visit:
Touro University California provides graduate and professional educational excellence in the fields of Health Sciences, Public Health, and Education. The TUC learning experience is student-centered, enriched by focused research and scholarship, and prepares professionals for rewarding lives in service to others both locally and around the globe.
Touro University California – inspirational teaching and scholarship, transformative leadership, exemplary service.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Touro University California and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency