Director of Development for Parker College of Business
Job ID 220308
Location Statesboro, Georgia
Full/Part Time Full-Time
Serves as a key member of the Office of University Advancement. Working with the Dean, build and manage a comprehensive and sustainable fundraising program for the Parker College of Business, sufficient to move the College towards a position of national prominence. Work in close cooperation with University's Central Advancement office and college's Dean, senior administration, faculty, and staff.
- Perform related duties as assigned to support the mission of the University
- In support of the Dean, outline goals and strategic objectives for College's major gift fundraising program
- Manage Parker College of Business Development team staff of two
- Work in consideration of identified University Advancement gift officer performance benchmarks as well as Dean's annual performance metrics
- Along with Dean, provide leadership to and coordinate major gift fundraising activities for College within designated timeframes
- Serve as primary staff for rated individual and corporate/foundation prospects of $25K or more
- Build, manage and implement strategies for a portfolio of 130 major gifts prospects, giving primary focus to that portfolio's Top 50 prospects
- Targeting major gift solicitation - generally - within a 6-18 month timeframe
- Serve as primary University Advancement staff to College's leadership boards. Entails coordination of annual solicitation and pledge reminder follow-up to Parker Advisory Board, assistance in onboarding new members and cycling off board members not returning
- Conduct prospect field qualification, prospect and donor cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship
- Conduct face-to-face contact with assigned prospects and donors (Goal of 18 meaningful contacts scheduled monthly, which includes ideal of 10 face-to-face visits)
- Respond within identified timeframes to Advancement requests for essential information (including, but not limited to: contact reports, Top 10-50 updates, annual Plans of Operation, travel plans, moves management and solicitation tracking requests)
- Attend University Advancement staff meetings, MGO meetings, monthly one-on-one meetings with supervisor, professional development and training sessions as an officer's priority in overall planning
- Manage key volunteers for prospect identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship
- Support College's fundraising program within University's identified strategic funding priorities
- Conduct mid- and end-of year self-evaluations and manage performance
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university
- Five (5) years of related work experience in fundraising, nonprofit management, sales or marketing
Preferred Educational Qualifications
- Higher education fundraising experience
- Experience using Blackbaud Raiser's Edge or similar donor database
- Personnel management experience
$62,100 - 80,700
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Consistently exhibit engaging customer service
- Navigate web access and email with or without reasonable accommodation
- Proven proficiency with computers including Microsoft Office, Google, and/or applications as required for specific position
- Ability to promote and incorporate in daily work missions and priorities of College and University
- Ability to motivate volunteers and donor
- Ability to foster a productive team environment within Advancement and between Advancement and College
- Adhere to University policies and procedures to meet Institutional goals and support University's mission for student success
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated organizational and human relation skills
- Demonstrate commitment to inclusiveness by working well with diverse populations
- Demonstrate appropriate organizational skills as required for specific position
- Demonstrated supervisory and management skills
- Articulate and present complex information in a clear and compelling manner
- Demonstrated understanding of concepts and attitude of teamwork in a complex organization
Apply Before Date
September 17, 2020
Join Our Team at Georgia Southern!
Georgia Southern is a dynamic university with three vibrant campuses in Hinesville, Savannah and Statesboro serving the communities in Southeast Georgia. As a Carnegie Doctoral/R2 institution, our world-class scholars instruct about 26,000 students in associate's, bachelor's, master's and doctoral level degree programs. Whether you are seeking the charm of a small town, the traditions of a historical/urban destination near the beach or supporting our military service members and their families, Georgia Southern offers its faculty and staff the best of all worlds!
Beyond an ideal location, there is a place for you to work in an exciting environment abounding with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are steeped in tradition and devoted to academic distinction in teaching, scholarship and service. In 2018 Forbes Magazine listed Georgia Southern, along with 10 other Georgia companies or institutions, as one of America's Best Midsize Employers. Georgia Southern University is passionate about serving our region while preparing our students to be lifelong scholars, leaders, and responsible stewards of their communities and the world.
For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact the Department of Human Resources by phone at (912) 478-6947 or by email at email@example.com.
For technical support, please call the Shared Services Center at (877) 251-2644 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Conditions of Employment
- Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco and Smoke-Free Community.
- Successful completion of background investigation and legal authorization to work in the US prior to employment.
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Southern University, as determined by Georgia Southern University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Southern University provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals in need of reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources: (912) 478-6947.
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Work generally performed in an office environment
- Workweek often extends beyond 40 hours to evenings and weekends
- Travel extensively, both regionally and nationally, including overnight
- May be subject to stressful situations, sometimes urgent, effecting operation of department
- Ability to drive University vehicles
Standard and Education
3900540101 Exec Dir, Development
Believing that diversity, equity, and inclusion contribute to excellence in the workplace and to the quality of the University's academic environment, Georgia Southern University is committed to recruiting and retaining diverse faculty and staff to support, promote, and serve a diverse student body and promote Inclusive Excellence. Candidates from historically underrepresented groups, whose work furthers the institution's Inclusive Excellence goals, and who bring to campus varied life experiences, perspectives and backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply.
To apply, visit: https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psc/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=39000&JobOpeningId=220308&PostingSeq=1&PortalActualURL=https%3a%2f%2fcareers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu%2fpsc%2fcareers%2fCAREERS%2fHRMS%2fc%2fHRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL%3fPage%3dHRS_APP_JBPST_FL%26Action%3dU%26FOCUS%3dApplicant%26SiteId%3d39000%26JobOpeningId%3d220308%26PostingSeq%3d1&PortalRegistryName=CAREERS&PortalServletURI=https%3a%2f%2fcareers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu%2fpsp%2fcareers%2f&PortalURI=https%3a%2f%2fcareers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu%2fpsc%2fcareers%2f&PortalHostNode=APPLICANT&NoCrumbs=yes&PortalKeyStruct=yes
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
When inquiring or applying for this and other job openings at Georgia Southern University, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Georgia Southern University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com