The Afro-American University of Central Africa (AAUCA) has commenced a comprehensive global search for the appointment of young laboratory assistants to reinforce laboratory activities related to teaching and research. This constitutes an excellent opportunity for young professionals to become part of an educational institution that seeks to become a reference of the Equatorial Guinean and international higher education, very particularly thanks to the strong support granted by the national government and the strategic vision that drives the Organization. Consequently, one (1) position for a Physics Laboratory Assistant is available.
The ideal candidate should possess the following qualifications and skills:
1) A Bachelor´s degree from a reputable university in the field of Physical Sciences;
2) A master’s degree in Physics, Physics Education, Engineering Physics or a closely related discipline will give the candidate a more significant advantage;
3) Proven experience of at least one (1) year as a Physics Lab Assistant preparing lab sessions for student instruction and experimental demonstrations;
4) Native or near-native speaker competence in Spanish;
5) Proficiency command of the English language;
6) Communication skills and ability to transmit knowledge to undergraduate students in a highly multicultural environment;
7) A good team player with the ability to work harmoniously with colleagues and students of all cultures and backgrounds;
8) Excellent interpersonal, planning and organizational skills.
How to apply:
1) Interested applicants are requested to email their curriculum vitae and personal statement to info-iesalc @unesco.org by indicating the vacancy title “Physics Lab Assistant” on the email’s subject;
2) The curriculum vitae submitted shall affix a recent photo (45mm x 35mm with no less than 150 pixels of quality);
3) Only complete applications (curriculum vitae + personal statement + photo) will be considered;
4) Only short listed candidates will be contacted for an interview;
5) Applications will close at 23:00 GMT on August 31, 2020.
When inquiring or applying for positions at The Afro-American University of Central Africa, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at The Afro-American University of Central Africa and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com