Associate Director of Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging
Requisition ID: 2024-10482
Position Type: Full-Time
Schedule Shift: Day
Hours Per Week: 38
Touro University California (“TUC” or the “University”) is a private, professional, and graduate-degree awarding institution located in the greater San Francisco Bay Area city of Vallejo, California. Established in 1997, TUC offers its 1,300 students an innovative education in one of several disciplines including osteopathic medicine, pharmacy, physician assistant studies, nursing, public health, and education. Nestled on 44 acres of the former Mare Island Naval Military Base and a proud member of the Touro University System (TUS), TUC is passionate in pursuing its mission of educating caring professionals to serve, to lead, and to teach within a foundation of social justice.
Energize your career by serving as our new Associate Director of Diversity! Reporting to, and working closely with, the Director of Diversity and Community Affairs, we are looking for a dynamic and enthusiastic diversity professional who can juggle multiple projects, forge strong collaborations across the University, work closely with students and faculty, and bring innovation to our professional development programming. Dive into the excitement of a dynamic work environment, where every day presents new opportunities to make a lasting impact.
We are seeking someone results-oriented, organized, and with an eagle eye for detail. In this role, you will collaborate with academic programs and various University departments to enhance the success of students, staff, and faculty. Your mission? To deliver impactful diversity, equity, and belongingness training, services, individual assistance, and resources to the university community that make a real difference. In this key position, you will:
- Serve as a strategic resource supporting admissions, recruitment, and student learning within the Advancement Department, with a specific focus on Diversity, Equity, and Belonging activities.
- Collaborate with the Student Government Association (SGA) Diversity and Equity Committee and university student groups to spearhead dialogues, initiatives, and contribute to the continuous growth of student-centered educational excellence.
- Work closely with Human Resources to deliver ongoing faculty and staff professional development, emphasizing diversity and inclusion best practices. Navigate through the complexities of Title IX, employee relations, training, and restorative mediation, all while maintaining the utmost confidentiality, trust, and integrity. Your role requires proficiency in managing confidential matters within an environment that prioritizes discretion.
Thriving in a fast-paced, flexible environment, you will excel in delivering high-quality individual and group interactions, alongside adept verbal and written communications and presentations. Join us on this professional journey that promises impact, innovation, and a meaningful contribution to our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- Dive into the unique needs of students of color, first-generation students, and LGBTQIA+ individuals. Join forces with the Director of Student Activities to craft and launch exciting individual and joint programs, ensuring every student thrives.
- Collaborate with the TUC Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (JEDI) team to assess and prioritize campus needs. Be at the forefront of university’s diversity and inclusion goal setting and work passionately with colleagues and students to achieve milestones that redefine our campus environment.
- Team together with the Office of Institutional Research and JEDI Council to craft and implement evaluation metrics. Feel the pulse of success as we assess and showcase the triumphs of our programs. From gauging program effectiveness to tracking appointment statistics and making strategic referrals, this is your chance to be part of a transformative journey.
- Play a pivotal role in the creation and execution of grant proposals that champion diversity and inclusion. Be at the forefront of innovation as we work to secure important resources to propel our institutional vision.
- Lead the initiative in developing and shaping a dynamic and impactful TUC Social Justice Resource Center! Take the reins and steer the course toward the creation of a vibrant center that offers innovation, support, and crucial programming that sparks change and fosters social justice excellence.
- Dive into the center of enrollment dynamics alongside the Associate Dean of Enrollment Management and the Director of Admissions! Help decipher trends in race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender identity, marital status, disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, and more. This is not just about data; it is about highlighting success, identifying and reducing potential obstacles, and shaping an enrollment landscape that champions diversity and inclusivity.
- Assist the Associate Dean of Enrollment Management and the Director of Admissions in the recruitment of students and in the creation of strategic Memorandums of Understanding (MOUs) with peer academic institutions. Picture yourself as an architect in the creation of vibrant student pipelines, while nurturing a diverse and equitable increase of student applicants.
- Collaborate together with the Director of Diversity and Community Affairs in crafting messages and launching a series of dynamic Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) events and campaigns on our vibrant campus.
- Identify opportunities and implement innovative and responsive educational programming and interventions that advance the University mission.
- Partner with senior administrators, faculty, and staff to elevate our collective expertise in diversity and inclusion best practices. Collaboratively deliver impactful professional development, dynamic Title IX trainings, and innovative sessions on employee relations and restorative mediation practices.
- Serve as a designated Campus Security Authority and Responsible Employee under the Clery Act and Title IX regulations, respectively. Responsibilities encompass tasks assigned in Title IX, employee relations, employee training, and restorative mediation.
- Requires occasional evening work.
- Engage actively in the coordination and execution of significant university events, including but not limited to new student orientation and commencement.
- Contribute meaningfully through participation in various university committees.
- Other duties as assigned, including but not limited to serving on committees, work groups, etc.
This position may supervise the following positions if funding and resources become available and approved through the annual budget process:
- Work study funded student assistants and/or peer advisors/mentors.
Preferred and Required Qualifications
QUALIFICATION(S): is the Education, Training and/or related experience needed to perform the job.
- Bachelor’s degree required (master’s preferred) in Social Work, Psychology, Counseling, Higher Education Administration, Diversity and Inclusion, Human Resources, or related field.
- Demonstrated experience in academic support, collaborative diversity and inclusion program development, professional development training.
- Ability to work independently or collaboratively as the situation demands, managing competing priorities in a professional and positive manner.
- Experience working with graduate and/or first professional degree students is desired.
- Experience working in restorative justice is desired.
- Strong listening and interpersonal relationship skills.
- Possess strong analytical abilities with an ability to be an ethical decision maker.
- Be solutions oriented with strong conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to create and maintain collaborative and productive work relationships.
- Ability to implement successful practices in services and professional development.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- High level of conceptual and organizational skills; must be detail-oriented and accurate.
- Ability to provide innovative services directly to graduate students, faculty, and staff across a variety of disciplines and departments.
- Proficient in submitting data for institutional reports as well as being highly skilled and adept in using Excel and Microsoft Office Suite and other similar types of office software program(s).
- Demonstrated experience working independently on complex, ongoing projects with minimal supervision.
Application Details (to apply use the Apply Now button below.)
To apply, visit https://tuccareers-touro.icims.com/jobs/10482/associate-director-of-diversity%2c-inclusion%2c-and-belonging/job?in_iframe=1
Touro University is an equal opportunity employer. Touro University treats all employees, job applicants, and students without unlawful consideration of race, ethnicity, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition), age, disability, medical condition, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, military service or veteran status, citizenship status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. We are committed to ensuring the fulfillment of this policy in all decisions, including but not limited to, recruitment, the administration of educational programs and activities, hiring, compensation, training and apprenticeship, placement, promotion, upgrading, demotion, downgrading, transfer, layoff, suspension, expulsion and termination, and all other terms and conditions of admission, matriculation, and employment.
Inquiries or complaints concerning the non-discrimination policies should be sent to Zachary Shapiro, 690 Walnut Ave, Suite 210, Vallejo, California, 94592, firstname.lastname@example.org (707-638-5459) or, alternatively, to the Chief Compliance Officer at email@example.com and 646-565-6000 x55330.
When inquiring or applying for positions at Touro University California, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and professional and administrative staff employment opportunities at Touro University California and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at Touro University California are posted, sign up at new job openings at Touro University California.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency