Prairie View A&M University
Prairie View A&M University
Health And Physical Education
Proposed Minimum Salary
Prairie View, Texas
This tenure track Assistant Professor position will teach undergraduate and graduate level courses within the field of expertise, is expected to contribute expertise to student advising and is also expected to seek and acquire external funding and contracts for relevant research projects, and participate in department, college, university, community and professional service activities.
- Teach graduate and undergraduate courses within the field of expertise.
- Facilitate student learning, class preparation, grading, electronic correspondence, evaluating and sourcing course materials, facilitating e-learning and related duties.
- Student advisement, evaluation and counseling.
- Secure research funding, publish research in peer-reviewed books and journals, and attend professional conferences.
- Serve as an academic advisor, provide mentorship to students and student organizations.
- Serve on department, college and university committees and perform other defined service activities.
Required Education and Experience:
- Ph.D., Ed.D or Dr. P.H. in Sports Management, Kinesiology or related field.
- Two years of college or university teaching.
Posting Close Date
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent communication, written and technology skills.
- Demonstrate proficiency in written and oral communication skills for diverse audiences.
- Demonstrate ability for effective teaching and scholarship.
- Demonstrate support of professional organizations in the discipline and have potential for obtaining external funding.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Three years of college or university teaching
Please attach all required documents listed below in the attachment box labeled as either “Resume/CV or Resume/Cover Letter” on the application. Multiple attachments may be included in the “Resume/CV” or Resume/Cover Letter” attachment box. Any additional attachments provided outside of the required documents listed below are considered optional.
- Cover Letter
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
Application Submission Guidelines:
All applicants are required to apply via our Career Site on or before the closing date indicated on the job posting. Applicant inquiries received via email and websites such as Indeed, HigherEdJobs, etc. will not be considered unless the individual has applied to the available position via the PVAMU Career site.
The required documents listed in the above Required Attachments section must be attached to the application prior to the job closing date indicated to ensure full consideration for the application submitted. Please contact the Office of Human Resource on or before the closing date indicated above at 936-261-1730 or email@example.com should you need assistance with the online application process.
Background Check Requirements:
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/PVAMU_External/job/Prairie-View-PVAMU/Assistant-Professor_R-026867
For more than 140 years, Prairie View A&M University (PVAMU) has been igniting passion in its students. With an established reputation for producing engineers, nurses and educators, PVAMU offers baccalaureate degrees, master’s degrees and doctoral degree programs through nine colleges and schools. The University has an enrollment of more than 8,500 students. Designated an institution of “the first class” in the Texas Constitution, PVAMU is the second-oldest public institution of higher education in the state and a member of The Texas A&M University System. The University is dedicated to fulfilling its land-grant mission of achieving excellence in teaching, research and service.
PVAMU is conveniently located near the rapidly growing residential and commercial area known as the Northwest Houston Corridor. The developing Northwest Houston Corridor offers newly developed suburban communities, a variety of shopping and dining near the Houston Premium Outlets and is a short, 35-minute commute into downtown Houston. For more information, visit www.pvamu.edu. Your career opportunities with a “University of the first class” begins here!
Prairie View A&M University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.
If you need assistance in applying for this job, please contact (936) 261-1730.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
When inquiring or applying for positions at Prairie View A&M University, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Prairie View A&M University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com