At CSUN we aspire to continually grow as an inclusive, cooperative community!
CSUN strives to be a destination workplace, where everyone understands that they belong to a community that is vital in advancing student success and providing exemplary service to all stakeholders. We foster an environment of success, both for our students and our employees. We have a relentless passion for celebrating diversity, equity, and inclusion as well as being an employer of choice. You will also have the opportunity to realize your own personal goals and be recognized for the work you do and enjoy the unique value the CSUN community can offer. As a leader you will have the opportunity to thrive in a community in which our leaders share common traits as identified in our Leadership Principles https://www.csun.edu/leadership-principles
. If this sounds like you, you've come to the right place. Responsibilities
Under the general supervision of the Registrar, the Assistant Registrar serves as the primary coordinator of all operational and administrative activities for the Undergraduate Degree Services area. The incumbent provides leadership and direct supervision for a team of six professional staff members who are responsible for the evaluation and awarding of undergraduate degrees.
- Responsible for planning, directing, and implementing procedures for the daily operating functions of the unit including degree evaluation, processing substitution/waivers, and awarding baccalaureate degrees for three-degree cycles.
- Responsible for working closely and collaboratively with multiple campus departments involved in graduation processes.
- As a leader, demonstrates a commitment to student success that is mission-aligned with the university's vision, values and priorities. Establishes an ethical and collegial work environment, promoting a collaborative, accountable and inclusive team. Encourages a courageous and resilient solution-oriented environment by participating in new opportunities to further the mission of the university. Participates in developing initiatives that further support the campus mission with a service-oriented and catalytic mind set. Strengthens employees by being communicative and a talent builder that develops team attributes, furthering departmental goals.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
*NOTE: To view the full position description copy and paste this link into your browser: https://mycsun.box.com/s/7il8ilf1ocze6vk5mu4iw0039w0qx1dg Qualifications
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Leadership
- Equivalent to graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a Bachelor's degree in a job-related field.
- Equivalent to two years of progressively responsible professional/administrative experience.
- Experience in Admissions, Records, and/or a Graduation unit of a four-year University and PeopleSoft student records system, highly desirable.
- Knowledge of employee relations principles and practices and outstanding skills in conflict resolution, team-building, leadership, and motivation preferred.
- Lead diverse teams to support the operational mission and vision of employers by fostering an ethical, inclusive and collegial work environment.
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
- Demonstrated ability to support ongoing improvement through courageous, resilient, and catalytic leadership.
- Lead varying initiatives through a collaborative, service-oriented and communicative approach.
- Demonstrated commitment to employee development, recognition, and accountability to further operational goals.
- Salary is commensurate with knowledge, skills, and experience. The University offers excellent fringe benefits.
- The anticipated HIRING RANGE: $76,000 - $80,000 per year, dependent upon qualifications and experience.
- The position is currently hybrid (3 days in office, 2 days remote); however, this is subject to change based on student and/or operational needs.
Equal Employment Opportunity
- This position is a sensitive position as designated by the CSU.
- A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or the continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
- The person holding this position may be considered a 'limited reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
- In accordance with the California State University (CSU) Out-of-State Employment Policy, the CSU is a state entity whose business operations reside within the State of California and prohibits hiring employees to perform CSU-related work outside of California.
- Candidates should apply by completing the CSUN online application. To submit an application and for more detailed information on the application and hiring process, please visit this link: www.csun.edu/careers
- Applications received through February 23, 2024, will be considered in the initial review and the review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
- The CSU recommends that faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities at any university location be immunized against SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, and that all individuals who access any in-person program or activity (on- or off-campus) operated or controlled by the University follow COVID-19 vaccine recommendations adopted by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) applicable to their age, medical condition, and other relevant indications and comply with other safety measures established by each campus.
CSUN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, covered military and veteran status, and disability. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting Recruitment Services at 818-677-2101. To apply, visit https://careers.pageuppeople.com/873/nr/en-us/job/534939/assistant-registrarCopyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
Please apply using the "Apply Now" button below
Jobs at California State University, Northridge. When inquiring or applying for positions at California State University, Northridge, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at California State University, Northridge and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at California State University, Northridge are posted, please sign up at new job openings at California State University, Northridge.