Part Time Library AssistantJob ID:
Gordon State CollegeFull/Part Time:
RegularJob SummaryJOB SUMMARY
This position provides customer service and administrative support for library operations
Pay rate is 12.00 per hour. MAJOR DUTIES
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION
- Provides customer service support to faculty, staff, students and the general public; checks materials in and out
- Assists library staff with projects/and or programs
- Assists with library closing procedures
- Attends training sessions
- Sensitizes and shelves books; reads and organizes shelves
- Performs related duties as assigned
- Knowledge of library operations and procedures.
- Knowledge of college policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices.
- Knowledge of computers and job-related software programs.
- Skill in interpersonal relations and in dealing with the public.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Skill in providing quality customer services.
The Director of Library Services assigns work in terms of general instructions. The supervisor spot-checks completed work for compliance with procedures, accuracy, and the nature and propriety of the final results.GUIDELINES
Guidelines include college and library policies and procedures. These guidelines are generally clear and specific, but may require some interpretation in application.COMPLEXITY/SCOPE OF WORK
- The work consists of related customer services and administrative duties. Frequent interruptions contribute to the complexity of the position.
- The purpose of this position is to provide administrative and customer service support for library operations. Success in this position results in the provision of quality library services to college students, faculty and staff.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Contacts are typically with co-workers, faculty, staff, students, community patrons, representatives of other libraries, and members of the general public.
- Contacts are typically to give or exchange information, to resolve problems, or to provide services.
SUPERVISORY AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY
- The work is typically performed while sitting at a desk or table or while intermittently sitting, standing or stooping. The employee occasionally lifts light and heavy objects.
- The work is typically performed in an office.
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=76000&JobOpeningId=268545&PostingSeq=1Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
- Ability to read, write and perform mathematical calculations at a level commonly associated with the completion of high school or equivalent.
- Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for one year.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
Please apply using the "Apply Now" button below
Jobs at Gordon State College.
When inquiring or applying for positions at Gordon State College, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Gordon State College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at Gordon State College are posted, please sign up at new job openings at Gordon State College.