Term Clinical Instructor: Medical-surgical/maternal-infant Health
George Mason University
School of Nursing – Term Clinical Instructor: Medical-Surgical/Maternal-Infant Health
George Mason University, College of Health and Human Services, School of Nursing (SoN) invites applications for a full-time, 9-month Term Clinical Instructor faculty position with responsibilities for teaching clinical practicums in the undergraduate (BSN) program. This faculty position is designed to increase the clinical expertise in the BSN program. We seek talented and innovative clinical experts who are actively engaged in clinical and evidence-based practice. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason's academic and culturally inclusive environment.
The responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Creates an atmosphere of engagement in student learning that reflects the strategic goals of the university.
- Teaches assigned courses in accordance with faculty expectations as outlined in the workload policy and GMU faculty handbook.
- Instructs and supervises clinical practicum experiences in area healthcare agencies on medical-surgical and maternal-infant health units.
- Proficiently uses online technology and resources to provide informed feedback and critique in a thoughtful, well-written and timely manner.
- Provides evaluation of student practicum experiences.
- Stays current with clinical practice and evidence that support content area expertise, professional growth, and professional certification and licensure requirements.
- Serves on School of Nursing committees to promote the development and growth of the institution.
- Actively participates in professional associations.
- Advises students on academic, professional, and/or personal issues while providing referrals when appropriate.
- A current, unencumbered Virginia Registered Nurse license.
- An earned Master's degree (MSN) in nursing.
- A minimum of three years of recent hospital-based clinical experience in maternal-infant health and medical-surgical units.
- Two years of clinical teaching experience in an academic setting.
Salary commensurate on experience and qualifications.
Reports to: Assistant Dean, BSN Programs, School of Nursing, College of Health and Human Services
Collaborates with: SoN faculty, community and agency partners.
Applications are to be submitted electronically for position F6607Z at http://hr.gmu.edu. All candidates must apply online and include (1) letter of application (2) current curriculum vitae and (3) three references. Review of applications will begin July 18th but the position will remain open until filled.
George Mason University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. We are especially interested in receiving applications from female candidates and/or individuals with diverse racial and ethnic backgrounds.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
For full consideration, applicants must apply at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at George Mason University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com