199069 - Evening and Weekend Supervisor
Part-time Evening/Weekend Supervisor
Job Code 199069
Part-time, 20 hours/week, 9- month position
Clark University’s Goddard Library seeks a high energy, customer-service oriented self-starter to fill the position of Part-time Evening/Weekend Supervisor. Reporting to the Head of Public Services, the successful candidate will oversee the Library facility and its collections and services.
Duties and Responsibilities
Included in a range of responsibilities, the Part-time Evening/Weekend Supervisor will:
- Train, schedule and supervise student assistants and provide oversight of the Goddard Library facility and circulation and reserve services.
- Oversee building security, monitors patron use of facilities, and enforces regulations. Involves moving through six-floor building on a regular basis.
- General circulation/access duties including bar-coding, locating/searching books; stacks maintenance; patron notification; other.
- Assist library users with directional and basic information questions, including in the use of the online catalog and microform equipment. This activity also involves basic troubleshooting of terminals and printers.
- Oversee copying equipment, operations and procedures. This includes basic troubleshooting of copiers and coin machines.
- Special projects and additional assignments as needed.
This is a part-time, 20 hours per week, 9-month position with a regular work schedule including weekends and two evenings each week; during final exams hours may vary.
Review of applications will begin July 16, 2018 Starting rate will be $15.00 to $16.00 depending on skills and experience. Please email résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants must reference Job code 199069 in the subject line to be considered for this position.
Clark University embraces equal opportunity and affirmative action as core values: we believe that cultivating an environment that embraces and promotes diversity is fundamental to the success of our students, our employees and our community. This commitment applies to every aspect of education, services, and employment policies and practices at Clark. Our commitment to diversity informs our efforts in recruitment, hiring and retention. All positions at Clark share in the responsibility for building a community that values diversity and the uniqueness of others by exhibiting integrity and respect in interacting with all members of the Clark community to create an atmosphere of fairness and belonging. We strongly encourage members from historically underrepresented communities, inclusive of all women, to apply.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Clark University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com