Administrative Assistant to VP Institutional Effectiveness and Planning
General Statement of Duties
Reporting directly to the Vice President for Institutional Effectiveness and Planning, this position manages the information and communication flow including: planning and scheduling meetings and appointments; organizing and maintaining paper and electronic files; managing projects; conducting research; and disseminating information by using the telephone, mail services, Web sites, e-mail and budget management. Planning and coordinating events related to professional development & community engagement, institute for teaching innovations, assessment and accreditation on campus for faculty and staff.
Distinguishing Features of the Class
In addition to providing executive level support to the VPIEP, this position assists in the preparation of agendas and mailings for committee meetings, along with assisting throughout the assessment and accreditation process. The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to work independently; be consistently accurate; organized and confidential in nature; conduct research and prepare statistical reports; create spreadsheets, correspondence, databases, presentations and reports; and working closely with all Institutional Effectiveness and planning staff including Institute for Teaching Innovations, Dean of Online Learning, Office of Professional Development and Community Engagement, Institutional Research, College ecosystem and Office of Assessment. The work of the incumbent(s) in this position is distinguished by the responsibility involved for independently performing complex duties associated with the level and scope of responsibility of the Office.
Examples of Duties
- Serve as secretary, recording, typing, and work directly with the offices of Institutional effectiveness and planning preparing documentation, reports and meeting materials
- Performs routine administrative duties of the Office along with special assignments as requested
- Answer and screen all calls, take messages, and refer callers
- Maintain confidential files for OIEP staff, as well as all other files in the office
- Type and, when requested, compose office correspondence such as letters, memoranda, reports, proposals, speeches, etc., for the office and his/her staff, as requested
- Coordinate special projects as assigned by the President and Senior Executive Assistant relating to organizational involvement
- Handle special and confidential assignments, including student problems or concerns referred to the Vice President of OIEP especially as related to campus ecosystem.
- Screen mail received and answer or route it independently with background material, as necessary
- Serve as liaison to other campus offices, faculty, students, and staff
- Working knowledge and experience using Microsoft software programs including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint to produce materials for internal and external meetings and conferences
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Familiarity with and understanding of the needs of accreditation, learning outcomes, and concerns of faculty, students, staff and trustees
- Experience in administrative processes of higher education
- Thorough knowledge of college office terminology and equipment
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to plan work efficiently
- Possess sound professional judgment, initiative, self-motivation, resourcefulness, courtesy, and tact
- Strong sense of professional confidentiality
Acceptable Training and Experience
- A bachelor’s degree is required
- Minimum 3 years of experience at executive level
- Higher education experience preferred
Applicants should possess a minimum of five years’ experience as a senior level secretary supporting executive level staff, an Associate’s degree (Bachelor’s preferred), strong computer skills (advanced Word, Excel, and Access), excellent verbal and written communication skills and must be detail oriented. Strong interpersonal skills to represent department in a positive manner both internally and externally along with the ability to manage multiple-step procedures and handle frequent interruptions in work flow are also necessary
Information and Application Process Instructions
D'Youville College provides equality of opportunity to all persons in respect to employment and to admission of students. The College does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, age, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, national or ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, hiring policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school administered programs.
Please submit resumes via email: email@example.com
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at D'Youville College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Human Resources Department
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Human Resources Department
Please Apply as Included Above
631 Niagara Street
Send your resume for this job...
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...