OB/GYN Hospitalist - Academic Position
University of California, San Francisco
The Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences at the University of California San Francisco is seeking several board certified ObGyn Hospitalists at the level of Assistant, Associate or Full Professor to join the Division of Ob/Gyn & Gyn Subspecialties (OGGS) and establish a new hospitalist program at UCSF.
The primary focus of the Hospitalists will be the clinical care of general obstetrical patients at UCSF. Work duties average 7 24-hour shifts per month. Responsibilities will include:
- Attendance in OB triage: this includes the direct care of patients in triage as the primary provider and supervision of a rotating "triage team" that may include medical students, residents, fellows, CNMs and NPs.
- Attendance in postpartum: this includes the direct care of our complicated postpartum patients and providing consultation to the postpartum NP and CNM team that attends to low risk postpartum patients.
- Back up attendance for L&D that includes being the primary or assistant surgeon in C/S, operative vaginal delivery and spontaneous vaginal delivery.
- Serving as primary or assistant surgeon on placenta accreta cases.
- Cover emergency GYN cases as needed.
- Participation in unit based leadership team and quality improvement initiatives.
- Oversight and assurance of unit protocols, policies, and quality measures.
- Opportunity to participate in unit based clinical research.
The successful applicants will demonstrate an aptitude for and dedication to medical education including direct teaching and mentorship of CNMs, nurse practitioners, fellows, residents, CNM interns and medical students.
Candidates must have demonstrated capability and experience in providing evidence-based and patient-centered ObGyn care and in collaborating and coordinating care in clinical teams that enhance the patient experience with a commitment to excellence in clinical care, patient safety, and patient satisfaction.
The successful candidates must hold an MD or DO degree and be board certified in Ob/Gyn. Salary and academic rank will be commensurate with experience and achievements.
Information and Application Process Instructions
Please submit curriculum vitae, cover letter, a statement of teaching, a statement of contributions to diversity and contact information for two references (contact info only) to: https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/apply/JPF01858
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Please apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/apply/JPF01858
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at the University of California, San Francisco and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Human Resources Department
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Human Resources Department
Please Apply as Included Above
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...